Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 2015

Before you read, here is a video of our Christmas! You are about to get a real taste of what it's like to live a day in the life of the Shipp fam hahahha, prepare yourself. 

https://vimeo.com/150125641


It's been a minute. (and I wrote this on Christmas, and am now just getting around to posting it, so let's just still pretend its the 25th) Merry Christmas everyone! What a perfect day. Christmas is always so special, and obviously always the favorite (next to April Fools day if you ask me or Britton haha), no, but really, today was special. One for the books.

I have been reflecting back on last Christmas season and the overwhelming amount of love and support we received. I'll never forget all the kind and selfless acts of service that our family was shown. I just want to say thank you again, we could never express how truly grateful we are. 





What a difference a year can make, right? Last year during christmas, our Britt was still fast asleep in a coma at the hospital. It was easily one of the harder days. I got a polaroid camera from my grandma, and i remember asking my mom to take a picture of me, and my other two brothers by the tree. We waited for the picture to develop. I looked at it for a second and walked over to the trash to throw it away. I couldn't help but feel really sad, and a little bit upset that our 4th man wasn't in the picture with us, right where he should've been like all 16 years before. It might have been silly of me to do, but I didn't want the picture, because I didn't want to remember a christmas without Britt. Not if he was still with us.


We didn't want to open any of our presents, because it just wasn't the same. Even though he was the only one missing, it felt like the entire house was empty. We all opened a few, and then sat around the living room for a little bit in silence. I can remember my mom and dad trying to be tough for us, trying to be cheerful and happy, but it was pretty clear that we were all hurting. I'll never forget how we all just held each other close and cried. My dad gave a prayer, that i'll always remember, because the spirit was so strong. Instantly there was a calmness and relief that we all felt very near to our hearts .


I've always thought I understood the meaning behind it all, Christmas and the birth of our Savior. But I realized, in that moment, that I never fully had until then. The presents didn't matter. The decorations, weren't important. The ham in the oven, and the fancy silverware and plates at the table. None of it mattered. It's all nice, sure...but none of it matters if you cant share it with the people you love. None of it's important if you don't know the meaning behind why you are actually doing it. Jesus Christ, our Savior, our Redeemer, our Shepherd, our Strength. He was sent to earth by the Father, to lead and guide us through His perfect example and His teachings. He was and is the light and life of the world. I can't imagine what it might have been like to witness the birth of Christ. How incredible it must have been, to have been there on that holy night. Because of his birth, and his life-his sacrifice and his atonement for all mankind, we can be healed, strengthened, comforted, and so much more. All of which my family and I have seen and felt firsthand the last year or so. I remember the bittersweet feeling of last christmas, feeling of the Saviors love for us, and for my brother. Knowing that he was in the best of hands. Grateful that we had each other, and that Britt still had a chance. In a time where I felt as if this burden might be too hard to bare-came an overwhelming sense of peace and love from the Savior. I couldn't help but feel so thankful that day, that we had the opportunity to race over to the hospital to be with my brother on Christmas day, even if it wasn't quite like the other years. We kept basically all of the presents under the tree, the Christmas lights up on the house, and the decorated tree lit for almost 5 months. Nothing was coming down until Britt got home and was able to see it. I still laugh sometimes when I think about how we had Christmas lights on our house until like...May haha. You couldn't miss us, thats for sure. 


Last night, once everyone was supposedly "asleep",  I was helping my mom wrap all of the presents in my room, and we had a few out for Britt that we were about to start on. My dad was calling us so we went to go see what he needed...then all of a sudden we hear someone coming down the hallway and my parents started freaking out cause they didn't want to blow their cover...we got back into my room where all the presents were to find Britton sitting there on my bed with this confused look on his face. Maybe you just had to be there, but it was freakin hilarious...the kid had come all the way up the stairs and tried sneaking into my room cause he wanted to sleep with me. So me and my mom scrambled to hide his stuff while trying to chauffeur him out. There is a running joke in our family that he comes in like a bulldozer wherever he is, or a wrecking ball...take your pick. It's like, you better hope you don't have anything valuable or breakable lying around because if its in his path, it will be destroyed. 


Let's just say when it came to the present count..........he was one spoiled rotten kid. I was joking with him today, and telling him how he was the favorite child cause he got so much stuff, and he just said "hey, someone's gotta make up for last year." 


He was also the first one up this morning....5:30am in the bathroom brushing his teeth ready to get the show on the road. But that is pretty typical these days, up at the crack of dawn...everyday. 

It was just one of those days that I'll always cherish. My heart has been so full of gratitude towards Heavenly Father and his son, for hearing and answering our millions of prayers and for the countless miracles and blessings that we have received. I couldn't ask for a better gift, than having my 3 boys and my mom and dad all together, cozy in our home this Christmas. It's crazy to think that a year ago today I was on my knees in my room praying with everything in me that by this time next year things would be better. And here we are, so extremely lucky and so blessed. 

He got to help out Cooper Camp with his hot chocolate stand this year. If you remember, last year...Copper donated all the money he earned to Britt for his medical bills. It meant so much to us. Each year Cooper does a christmas service project and donates all the money he makes from his yummy hot chocolate stand to the project/person. He is such a little stud, and has the greatest family around. Next year you need to go check out their Hot Cocoa stand if you haven't before. It's really yummy, and goes to a great cause! 



You guys wouldn't believe how well Britt is doing. Physically he has come such a long way. His walking is improving everyday, he hardly needs anyone to help him at all. He goes up and down the stairs by himself, showers by himself, gets dressed and brushed his teeth...all by himself. He still has a hard time with his vision, the nerves in his eyelids are still damaged so he cant see very well, but he makes do with what he's got. He still doesn't have a lot of feeling with his mouth, so eating can be a struggle but it seems like it is slowly getting a little bit better. He is going to be getting surgery on his nose soon, to align it, in hopes that it will help his breathing. He still goes to therapy a few times a week, and works on his speech too! He is adding another class this next quarter in school. The next school dance is Junior Prom, and he is going with Aspen Hickman, which he is pumped about, obviously. My dad still takes him driving a few times a week, and he just keeps getting better and better at it. Or maybe just more confident, sometimes a little too confident, so you might wanna steer clear of the 4-runner if you see it hahah. Don't say I didnt warn ya. 



He still has his hard days. Lots of them. I'm usually up at school, so I don't see a lot of what goes on. But just being home for the break I've gotten a good taste of it. He's still a teenage boy, who wants to be able to do teenage boy things. He gets really discouraged sometimes, and down about it all. Wishing he had his old life back, and that is something we all wish, so it's hard to explain to him that it wont ever be that same way again. I have a really hard time knowing how to help him in these situations, because it's not like I can say I understand how he is feeling, or know what he is going through.  When he goes through these frustration moods, it can be pretty hard on all of us. Not knowing how to handle it, or how to comfort him, what to say or what to do to make it better, or help him understand. This has definitely been the hardest thing to deal with since we've been home. Constantly trying to keep his spirits up and keep him motivated and believing in himself. I cant imagine how often he must want to give up, but I'm so proud of him for continuing to work at things, whether it be his attitude/mentality, or his physical strength/abilities. Whenever i struggle for words I'm always quickly reminded that through Christ, and ONLY through christ, can we endure the trails and challenges we are faced with in life. I know that he relies heavily on his Father in heaven, and on his son Jesus Christ. I don't think he would be able to get through the days with that big grin on his face if he didn't. Im constantly trying to stress to him the importance of those relationships. I have been thinking of ways I can help him recently and I came across this talk from the October 2015 General Conference, it's called "Strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. One of my favorite parts read:

"Our Savior experienced and suffered the fulness of all mortal challenges “according to the flesh” so He could know “according to the flesh” how to “succor [which means to give relief or aid to] his people according to their infirmities.” He therefore knows our struggles, our heartaches, our temptations, and our suffering, for He willingly experienced them all as an essential part of His Atonement. And because of this, His Atonement empowers Him to succor us—to give us the strength to bear it all."


https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/strengthened-by-the-atonement-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng

It is such a great talk and explanation of all the many ways we can apply the atonement to our lives. Especially for Britt, when he feels like no one could possibly understand what he is going through...Jesus Christ does. But it applies to a lot of the challenges and problems we face day to day, big or small. The atonement of Christ is all encompassing. 




The other day we got to go visit the hospital and all of Britt's nurses/doctors/therapists. It was really such a cool day. Especially at the ICU, a lot of the nurses who took care of him those first couple of months, only knew him at his absolute worst. So for them to see him now, happy and walking, talking, dropping down and giving them 20 pushups...was very touching. It was crazy being back in there, and seeing the room where we spent so many sleepless nights and long scary days. When I was walking through the waiting room, all the memories just came flooding back. Seeing some of the people in there, with the look of grief and defeat on their faces, broke my heart. I know how it feels to be sitting in there. It's not a good feeling. Lot's of nights were spent on those makeshift couches, hoping that there would be a next morning. So many hours spent, talking and hugging and crying with all of the family friends, and visitors who were constantly filling the room. Me and my mom would take our lunch break everyday out there, when someone would offer to bring us food. And we would scarf it all down so we could get back in the room with Britt. And then walking through the doors and seeing all of the faces who had been there through it all for us, who had stayed up late into the night to keep us company, or offer us reassurance when we were awaiting important news. Those guys were our family for sure, and they still are...always will be. As I walked past the room where my brother stayed I quickly remembered the incredible spirit that was within those walls. I remember how we would walk in and it would hit you like ton of bricks. You couldn't deny it, no one could. It was weird seeing the walls so bare, when every inch used to be covered with pictures, posters, cards, jerseys, etc. Everyone who worked with Britt couldn't wait for the day that he'd be able to walk through the door and see them all again. There were a lot of times when I thought that day might never come, but here we are. Once again, so incredible blessed. He was even taking laps around the hallways, and showing them all of his new tricks. We also got to stop by the rehab where we spent about 4-5 months. The ICU was only stuck with us for two, so the rehab got the bad end of the stick hahaha. But oh how I missed all of them so much. Britton just lit up when he saw his favorite nurses and therapists. It was weird being back in there, cause like I said...it was just a place where so much of who we are now came from. So many failures and so many success. A lot of tears, and a lot of smiles. So much of my heart, is there in that place, and the ICU...with all of the amazing people who helped save his life and get him to where he is today. 

On christmas eve, Britt's neurosurgeons and their families came and surprised us with some christmas carols. It was so awesome, they are just incredible people. I mean what doctors do you know, that do that? I could never say enough about them, or how much we love them. Britt was so excited to see them, and it was so fun to meet their families. They are amazing doctors, the best actually, but even better people....and I don't know how we got so lucky to have them with us throughout this journey of ours. 



He also got to resume his roll as the lead wise man in our family Christmas eve nativity. Absolutely nailed his performance;) My aunt said something about how she felt like she was in a food coma after eating dinner and Britton said..."Hey, that was me last year."

OH. Here is a little 30 second take on our version of Feliz Navidad. 



If you are reading this, man you are a faithful follower. I commend you for sticking with us;) Thank you for still caring about my sweet brother. Thanks for never giving up on him and continuing to keep him in your prayers. He still needs them very much. We love you, and are so thankful for your love and support towards our family and our Britt. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!
XOXO, Autumn


21 comments:

  1. Incredible!! Love this boy and family more than ever! Thanks for being an example and filling us with light! The New Year will bring more good and joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my name is Lauren i'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at

      ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com

      Blogs: https://relationshipspell.blogspot.com

      Website http://ancientspiritspellcast.website2.me

      WhatsApp +2347059715465




      Hello my name is Lauren i'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at

      ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com

      Blogs: https://relationshipspell.blogspot.com

      Website http://ancientspiritspellcast.website2.me

      WhatsApp +2347059715465



      Hello my name is Lauren i'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at

      ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com

      Blogs: https://relationshipspell.blogspot.com

      Website http://ancientspiritspellcast.website2.me

      WhatsApp +2347059715465

      Delete
    2. Hello friends! My Name is Wendy from Canada i have had a lot about Dr AKHERE on his good work, for bringing back lost relationship but i never believe because so many spell caster scam me because of my husband who left me and three kids over a year and two months. so a good friend of mine introduce me to Dr AKHERE just because my condition was so bad and the responsibility in my matrimonia home was more than me. my husband left me to another woman just because i don't have male child for him. so i email Dr AKHERE and told him everything, he told me not to worry that my husband will come back and i will have a male child for him. he only told me to believe on him that after casting the spell my husband will come back immediately and beg for forgiveness. he real did it for me and my husband come back to me in the nest two days. i was very happy and thanks dr AKHERE. so, i was in this situation (April 18 2014) i told Dr AKHERE that i will start shearing his testimony to every one in the word if he make me to have a male child to my husband. and he also did it as am shearing this testimony to every one out dear, that am with my new bouncy baby boy. now i believe that i am the happiest woman on earth because Dr AKHERE restore my life in my matrimonial home you can thank him for me or email him for urgent help in any bad situation i promise you he will also help you; his email address is Email him: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or
      call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update. It is good to hear he is doing so well. I think of him often hoping and praying for continued improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, I love following your blog. Everything about your family is so inspiring. You can really feel the love through all of your posts. I was wondering what kind of camera do you use, and what do you use to make all of your videos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your blog story . very inspiring . im very happy and thankful . more power to you and God bless :)
    Something about Skagway Tours
    http://www.skagwayalaskatours.com/start.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to know more about family therapy I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your miracle Doctor Osemu Okpamen

    This article is dedicated to the Doctor Osemu Okpamen. I have been married with my wife for 5 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to this genuine spell Doctor called Osemu Okpamen. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back begging for me back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. Also he was there every moment until i got my happiness back and he also provides spells that cures any diseases & sickness. You could contact him via email at { Doctorokpamenspelltemple@yahoo.com } or visit his website http://www.doctorokpamenspells.com or reach him on +1 (914)-517-3229. He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! So thankful to ______Dr_mack@yahoo.com, for bringing back my ex lover,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello friends! My Name is Wendy from Canada i have had a lot about Dr AKHERE on his good work, for bringing back lost relationship but i never believe because so many spell caster scam me because of my husband who left me and three kids over a year and two months. so a good friend of mine introduce me to Dr AKHERE just because my condition was so bad and the responsibility in my matrimonia home was more than me. my husband left me to another woman just because i don't have male child for him. so i email Dr AKHERE and told him everything, he told me not to worry that my husband will come back and i will have a male child for him. he only told me to believe on him that after casting the spell my husband will come back immediately and beg for forgiveness. he real did it for me and my husband come back to me in the nest two days. i was very happy and thanks dr AKHERE. so, i was in this situation (April 18 2014) i told Dr AKHERE that i will start shearing his testimony to every one in the word if he make me to have a male child to my husband. and he also did it as am shearing this testimony to every one out dear, that am with my new bouncy baby boy. now i believe that i am the happiest woman on earth because Dr AKHERE restore my life in my matrimonial home you can thank him for me or email him for urgent help in any bad situation i promise you he will also help you; his email address is Email him: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to appreciate Dr Ekpen of Ekpen Temple for restoring my broken relationship within 48 hours. It all started when I find out that my husband is cheating on me, when I try to confront him about it, the whole thing just got worst, because I love him so much I did not want to lose him to someone else so I went looking for solution that's how I came across Dr Ekpen who restore love back to my marriage. Contact him at (ekpentemple@gmail.com) if you are having challenges in your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I found Dr. ben I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another woman. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr.ben through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my boyfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. ben helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. ben to anyone in need of help. Email: drbenspellcaster@gmail.com, Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2348151642717....

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE SPELLS THAT WORKSI am sharing this testimony to partners suffering in their relationships because there is an enduring solution.
    My husband left me and our 2 kids for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong just for my kids but I could not control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed a help, so i did a research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Paul a spell caster, can help get lovers back. I contacted him and he did a special prayer and spells for me. To my surprises, after some days, my husband came back home. That was how we reunited again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family.
    You can as well contact Dr.  Paul  , a powerful spell-caster for solutions on his contact astoriashrine@gmail.com or directly on Whats App: +2349051441669 

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE SPELLS THAT WORKSI am sharing this testimony to partners suffering in their relationships because there is an enduring solution.
    My husband left me and our 2 kids for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong just for my kids but I could not control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed a help, so i did a research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Paul a spell caster, can help get lovers back. I contacted him and he did a special prayer and spells for me. To my surprises, after some days, my husband came back home. That was how we reunited again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family.
    You can as well contact Dr.  Paul  , a powerful spell-caster for solutions on his contact astoriashrine@gmail.com or directly on Whats App: +2349051441669 

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I found Dr. OSOFO I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another man. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr. OSOFO through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my girlfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. OSOFO helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. OSOFO to anyone in need of help. Email:                            (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349065749952   

    ReplyDelete
  14. DR. GREAT IS THE BEST SPELL CASTER ONLINE WHO RESTORED MY BROKEN RELATIONSHIP AND I HIGHLY RECOMMENDS DR. GREAT TO ANYONE IN NEED OF HELP! 

    My husband left me for another woman 3 months ago and ever since then my life have been filled with pains sorrow and heart break because he was my first love whom i have spent my entire life with. A friend of mine told me he saw some testimonies of a spell caster called Dr Great that he can bring back lover within some few days, i laugh it out and said i am not interested but because of the love my friend had for me, she consulted the great spell caster on my behalf and to my greatest surprise after 2 days my husband called me for the very first time after three months that he is missing me and that he is so sorry for every thing he made me went through.He came back to me and now we are happy together. I still can’t believe it, because it highly unbelievable. Thank you Dr.Great for bringing back my lover and also to my lovely friend who interceded on my behalf, for any one who might need the help of this great spell caster here is the email address:

    infinitylovespell@yahoo.com  or  infinitylovespell@gmail.com

    you can also call him or add him on Whats-app:+2348118829899
     
    View his blog  http://infinitylovespell1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was in trouble when my doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with herpes type 1 and I know my family will face a serious problem, When am no more.  I lost hope and wept most of the time, but one day I was surfing the internet I came across Dr. Razor's Website ; https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome After taking time to scrutinize his Work. I saw Dr. Razor's herbal home contact number online. I called him and he guided me. i asked him for solutions and he started the remedy for my health thank God,now everything is fine i am cured by Dr Razor herbal medicine am very thankful to Dr Razor and very happy with my family email him on (drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com) call/whatsapp number +2349065420442
     (drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was in trouble when my doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with herpes type 1 and I know my family will face a serious problem, When am no more.  I lost hope and wept most of the time, but one day I was surfing the internet I came across Dr. Razor's Website ; https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome After taking time to scrutinize his Work. I saw Dr. Razor's herbal home contact number online. I called him and he guided me. i asked him for solutions and he started the remedy for my health thank God,now everything is fine i am cured by Dr Razor herbal medicine am very thankful to Dr Razor and very happy with my family email him on (drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com) call/whatsapp number +2349065420442
     (drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete