Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sweet Treat


I have been so impressed the last couple of days with my sweet little brother.

The progress he is making is so noticeable. And so humbling. I can't help but watch him and the things he does each day and not be so thankful for how far he has come.

Yesterday I was driving around in his truck…and lots of memories came flooding back. When his accident first happened, i remember sitting in the drivers seat of his truck, turning on our favorite song, singing it and just crying, my heart felt broken and my world felt upside down. I was trying anything at all to feel close to my brother or feel his presence. I just remember sitting in there that day and praying that someday we would be sitting in there together again riding around and listening to our favorite country songs again. So while i was driving around yesterday…one of our favorite songs when we were kids came on…I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and happiness. It took me back to that day i sat in his truck. Not knowing what the future held for him, or for our family. And now I can drive his truck around with a smile singing along to our favorite songs, with no tears, because i know for a fact that my brother has a very bright future, and that we will indeed be riding alongside each other singing again. It sure has been a roller coaster since that point, and the ride is no where close to over…but wow, what incredible blessing and miracles my brother and family has received since then.

I feel like the last couple of days Britton has really just shot up, in terms of physical strength and mobility. It is amazing. He has so much more balance and coordination that ever before. He can sit up completely by himself. He can move himself from his bed to his wheelchair with very little assistance. He can get from the ground onto a bench and back down. His standing up and walking is improving every day. He dressed himself completely by himself, shirt, shorts, and socks completely by himself today for the first time…it took about 30 minutes which is the fastest I've ever seen him do it! He is coming around. And i couldn't be more excited.

He has been eating 2 meals a day, and gets the rest through hiss feeding tube. To feed him one meal usually takes about 2 hours. It's a long process and we have to be really patient. All the foods are pureed or liquified so he can get them down, so not much substance, but still! It is a start! He is still having a tough time getting all the food from the front of his mouth to the back and swallowing, but he will figure it out soon i think!

Britt had an eye appointment yesterday because he has been having some issues. We had to pack up and drive him there, which was fun. He wanted to make a pit stop at Nielson's Frozen Custard before, so we gave the boy what he wanted and he got his long awaited strawberry custard. It was so much fun to take him out! It just felt normal, somewhere outside the hospital. Britton has a….(i forgot what it is called)...on his eye which is what is causing the irritation and blurriness. He has a really hard time seeing out of it, and his right eye is still basically closed, so you can imagine the difficulty he has seeing clearly. She said it should heal within about 3 months, and they gave us some medication and these goggles for him to wear. So we are praying that will be taken care of, and that soon his other eye will be able to open. The muscles and nerves in his eyelids aren't functioning and firing correctly, which is why he isn't able to open his eyes all the way. If that doesn't heal in the future, there is a surgery that can fix it.

Thank you for all your prayers and continuous love!:) We are so very thankful for such gracious and caring people in our lives. Keep beleiving in our boy!




10 comments:

  1. I am still believing! This boy is unstoppable! Go Britt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

      Delete
  2. Amazing... Words cannot express the faith we have for Britt!

    ReplyDelete

  3. am so glad to share my testimony how Mallam Abudu help me conceive after several years of marriage i found it difficult to conceive and i thought is was over i will never conceive again after 6years of marriage my husband plane for divorce but with the glory of God i found a man who is bless my God with root and herbs who help me get pregnant i want to say a big thanks to him and to the world for the great help he rendered to me for making me a complete woman today now i am 8months pregnant hoping to have by own baby soon. Glory be to God.email Mallam Abudu and he will help you conceive via: mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com can call him +2349055637784

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've proper selected to build a blog, which I hold been deficient to do for a during. Acknowledges for this inform, it's really serviceable! Jogo para menina online
    free friv Games
    Games friv online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr OBUDU have been a great doctor even know in the world, am here today to tell the world my testimony about how i was cured from herpes.i was having this deadly disease called herpes in my body for the past 6 years but now i know longer have it again. i never know that this disease have cure not until i meet someone know to the world called Dr OBUDU he cured me from herpes he have been great to me and will also be great to you too. i have work with other doctor but nothing come out. one day i did a research and came across the testimony of a lady that also have same disease and got cured by Dr OBUDU. then i contacted his email and told him my problem.he told me not to worry that he have the cure i didn't believe him when he said so because my doctor told me there is no cure.he told me i need to get a herbal medicine for the cure which i did and now am totally cured you can also be cured of any other diseases too if only you believe in him. contact him via email OBUDU.MIRACLEHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM you can also call or whatsapp him true his mobile number +2347035974895  

    ReplyDelete
  6. I contracted hpv' i was told there is no hpv cure except treatment to control it, i totally lost of hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. some weeks ago i read possible natural cure which was guarantee And I ordered the treatment after one week i got 100% cure. I'm so excited to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural treatment to eliminate the virus email Dr Onokun, his herbal clinic address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m here to testify about what DR. ISIBOR did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. ISIBOR on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, DR. ISIBOR prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as DR. ISIBOR assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HIV, ALS, CANCER etc. you can contact DR. ISIBOR for help via email} drisiborspellhome@gmail.com or call +2348107855231

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m recommending Dr Godday to everyone who have herpes virus to get the cure from him. I was diagnose of genital herpes in 2015 and i have been searching and asking questions to see if i could get something to cure the disease because i did not believe what the doctors say that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testify how she was cured from herpes and hpv after using Dr Godday herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr email and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through courier and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE. I waited another month and retested the result was still NEGATIVE and my doctor told me that am completely free from herpes. Am so happy and grateful to Dr Godday for what he has done for me and i will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is cure for herpes. You can contact Dr Godday on email and WhatsApp to get the cure from him. Email:goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com Or Call/What’s-app +1{919}4956404.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete