Thursday, February 19, 2015

Moving Along

The last couple of days went really well! Britt has been improving in a lot of areas: walking, sitting up, standing, speech, eating.

Today I helped get him dressed but i hardly had to do anything. Usually my dad does that with him early in the morning, but today I was there for it so I got to watch him and I was amazed. So humbled. It was really difficult for him, and took a really long time, probably 30-45 minutes to put on a shirt and shorts, but he did it. Watching him try to use his hands and fingers the right way, and seeing him pull his own legs and arms up was so cool.

He is still having a hard time with the little sips of water and spoonfuls of pudding he is given by the speech therapist. He told us that he can't feel his tongue and lips, so i would imagine it is hard to know where the food is. Kinda like when you go to the dentist to get a cavity felled and you can't drink water cause it goes right back out your mouth. That's kinda what happens. We are hoping he gets feeling back with time.

Yesterday we had another really in depth talk with him about everything that happened, and why he is where he is. I think he is still confused and might forget things about it that we tell him, cause he always asks about it. It was pretty emotional, for him and for me and my mom, but it has to be talked about and it's okay to talk about. He has to know and understand whats going on…theres no point in sugar coating it.

Some of his neuro docs front he ICU came in yesterday and I almost started crying when I saw them. It was so good to see them after all this time, and although britt didn't know who they were he understood what they had done for him, saving his life and all. They were so impressed with him and how far he has come since we left there. It was so gratifying. I will always love those doctors more than they could ever understand, they saved my brothers life and they saved our lives in more way than one. Not a day goes by that I don't think about them, how incredible they are at what they do, how amazing medicine is, and how genuinely kind they were to my family and brother. They are something special that is for sure. I feel that way with everyone who has come into my brothers path. Every single doctor, nurse, physical therapist, CNA, receptionist, friend and stranger…they have all been so unreal. And left huge impacts on my brothers life and our whole families. I honestly can say we love them like family, and consider them to be. Not just nurses, therapist and doctors, but true friends and family. I feel extremely blessed. There are angels all around us, and have been since the beginning.

Cassidy, Britt's date the day of the accident, recently had surgery to take care of some back and foot issues she suffered from the wreck. It all went really well and she is now healing and recovering from that. Keep her in your prayers please:)

Thank you all for the sweet comments and kind words, I see them all and they each have so much significance and meaning to my family and I. Lots of times they are answers to prayers and reasons to keep having faith. So thank you for always lifting my spirits and for caring so much about my brother and family. We love you with everything:) And thank you for the continued fundraisers, and events that are being put together for Britt…it means so much to our family. The continued, never ending support and love is simply amazing.

This is a picture cassidy took not long before the accident. It's really hard to look at them, but I'm so thankful that she took them. Because I know that my brother was having a good time, that he was happy and he was healthy…and he's slowly getting back to that, i know it! Just never take the ones you love for granite. Things can change in a split second. That's how life is. Tell the people you care about you love them, every minute of everyday, because you never know what each day might bring.



8 comments:

  1. So sweet!!! Thanks for the updates!! Continued prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that Britt is progressing so much! I keep Britt and your family in my prayers everyday. Heavenly Father loves and cares for you so much and is aware of Britt every second. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm inspired every day by Britt, you and your sweet family. Thank you for sharing. ❤️❤️❤️
    Kirsten Martin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This happened locally (Logan, UT) a couple of years ago, you have probably seen or heard of Dallin... and look at him now! I love reading your blog, the love in your family and from all over the world is inspirational. Prayers up for Britt.. he's got this :)

    https://www.facebook.com/DallinandAmyWengert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those sweet faces...so full of promise...they are both doing so well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is Great Girl💞 you are seein it everyday, I had a Special Sister in My Life, Keep On👍✌️💞

    ReplyDelete