Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Snap Yo Fingers

Today has been nothin but a bunch of laughs. Britton has made some crazy good progress the last few days, he tells us every time he has to go to the bathroom, which the nurses and doctor said is such a big deal, because people with peg tubes (the thing that goes in his belly where he gets his food) have a really hard time controlling that stuff. My dad taught him how to snap, so that's his new favorite form of communication. They are working on removing his trach, but it is quite the process. They have decided to leave it deflated all day now, then they will put in a smaller one, and then eventually, when they feel he is ready, remove it completely. And that hole in his neck will heal up over a couple days. Then they can start working on speech! yay!! I cant wait to hear my brothers voice again, even though it'll probably sound like a chain smoking robot for awhile.

You wanna know what I love about Britt. It doesn't matter what is going on outside his hospital room, or how hard of a week it's been, or all the nonsense and problems or whatever it may be that are going on in my head...when I walk in his room first thing in the morning, and my dad says "look who's here Britt." He looks up at me with that half opened eye of his, and gives me the biggest, happiest smile, with a cute little wave. And then everything is put back into perspective. He makes me the happiest. The way he can smile and laugh through such a hard thing. It really is something special to get to spend every day with him. It's like we should be the ones helping him each day, but he's the one helping us...in so many ways. Somedays I would come here, and I'd be tired, and bored, and didn't always have the best attitude. I figured out early on that by acting that way, and letting myself go through the motions like that was doing no good to me or my brother. I realized that it's just dumb, why show up to the hospital and just kind of be there, taking up space. I decided that if i'm going to be here, i'm really going to BE here. Physically, emotionally, and mentally. Before I go into his room each morning i kind of have to give myself a pep talk, and I think about what I can do for him today or bring to the table. I try really hard to not just go through the motions never really gaining anything from it. I think I learned that concept best in softball. There would be days when we were up early for weights, and we had 3 classes and then it was straight to practice, and that can be really draining. It was easy to just show up to practice and just go through the motions, but you don't gain anything from that. You don't become a better player by doing that, and your team doesn't benefit from that either. I figure that Britt is my teammate, so when i show up to the hospital (practice) every day, i'm gonna work hard, because i expect him to work hard too, so we can move forward instead of taking steps back or staying stagnant. If you're going to be somewhere, really be there. Put forth your best effort, in whatever it might be. Make yourself better, as well as those around you.

He really has shown me a whole new level of happiness though. I don't understand how someone can have a spirit as sweet and happy as his.

Today we had a dance off, titled Step Up Revolution 10, I won, obviously, but Britton came in at a close second...which he is used to;)

He has been scratching his head and eyes like a wild maniac, because he is getting feeling and certain sensations back. And if you have ever had a good sized scar, you know that when they are healing they itch like crazy. So we have this secret code for "Autumn itch by head for me." And I scratch the boy's head, and he smiles...just like a dog.

I forgot to mention that the other night my dad and my uncles and grandpa gave Britt a priesthood blessing, and WOW. The power of the priesthood is something real special, that is all I know. The spirit was so strong, and I know that the power of it is real. It is healing and it is comforting and I am so thankful to be surrounded by men who hold it and are worthy to use it. It was an extra special one because it was the first one Britt has had since he has been partially awake and aware. So he knew what was going on, he could hear the words being said, and he could feel the spirit so strong. He cried, the same way the rest of us did. It was touching and humbling to know that he understood.


So you might notice some ads up on the blog. Don't be alarmed, i'm not trying to make money off this hahaha. Whatever earnings I do get from it however, I will be putting towards Britt's medical expenses and donating to the new nuero rehab unit they are building, since they have done so much for my brother...so that's what those are for!

Here is a video from today's activities:)




24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

      Delete
  2. This is the best thing I've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making my heart happy tonight! He just keeps going strong! So happy for all of you! Go Britt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many emotions when I read your posts- tonight, just pure happiness and pride for such a sweet boy and his crazy silly big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love this!!! He makes me so darn happy! ! Pretty soon, we'll have a REAL lunch date where he can eat, too, and visit! Thanks aut, for all the posts and lifting our hearts everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is really looking great! Thanks for the update, super inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome! Why don't I always remember to read these blogs every day? Because I get caught up in the thick of thin things! But I'll tell you what... I'm always uplifted when I do. Gratitude. Yep, that word pretty much sums it up! Thank you for sharing your gift and Britton's progress with all of us. 💚

    ReplyDelete
  8. He was working so hard to get that snap down when I stopped by yesterday! He is working so hard! Keep. It up Britt! You inspire us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for lifting my spirits. Your words really touched me. I know I can do better as a mother, friend, wife, caregiver if I take that advice and truly BE there present and my best self in daily life. It takes concentrated effort to do it-- but it's worth the better outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the updates. I'm so happy that he is improving so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the Best video ever!!!!! You are so amazing Britt! ♡ you all

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful blessings. Thank you for sharing your journey. Let Britt know he has "fans" in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So great to see, you are on your way Britt-Lots of Love from Idaho and the Teton Mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing post. The video makes me so happy, I have watched it several times. Epic dance moves, Britt!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the best thing ever! Britton has such a great personality, you all do and just seeing the love you all have for each other is priceless! Again, thank you for sharing your lives, and Britton and his recovery with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun, this put a big smile on my face. Go Britton, go Britton!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's doing so great!! I love watching your videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make my day with your sweet testimony and love for your brother! The world needs more people like you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete