Saturday, December 20, 2014

49 Days with "Britty Brew"


Seven weeks today for "Our Boy Britt" Seven long weeks! You know when you here about things like this you often here of someone being in coma for 10 days, 3 weeks or even a little bit longer. In my everyday normal life I felt like I only counted the work days in a week usually a 5 day or sometimes short week because of a holidays or something like that. Counted the days I'd be gone for a hunt like 3-10 days? Maybe when you go on vacation you say "I'm going for 7-10 days" to such & such a place! Or maybe you count down the days before something like a Birthday, New Baby, Wedding or Christmas. 
Well 49 days (seven weeks) is a hard pill to swallow when you think about it in our little situation! I'm not sure why I count the days like it really matters? Weekdays & Weekends all run together anymore. Thanksgiving & now Christmas just seem to be another day. We use to look forward to big NFL, College & High School games on the weekends. Finding time to mow the lawn, or just go for a ride in the RZR before it got too cold at night. Time seems to be irrelevant right now, but these dang days just stand out in my head!
49 days is a long time like I said before! There is so much that has happened since november 1st. Sommer & I have almost been married 24 years and I can't think of anything that has brought us closer together than this! Don't know why that is exactly, because it's also the hardest thing we've ever had to deal with too! My wife probably couldn't tell you how many days we've been here, and I wish I could think more like her? She is no doubt the biggest fan of this boy you have ever seen! She always has been....Her and Britton share a bond that I only hope every boy & his mother could share. "Britty Brew" as only she calls him is 100% her Boy, this boy LOVES his MOTHER! He is kind to her (especially when he wants something) He is affectionate with her, He is her shoulder to lean on and He is quite and sweet like her! I worry about her, because she worries so so much about every little thing that happens to him! These 49 days have been harder on her than all the rest of us put together! I will never ever  doubt the love of a mother and "Her Boy" I've seen it first hand for the last sixteen years and seen it go to an unequivocal level lately that I know I'll never understand. As I set and watch her with him day after day, I truly have the hardest time believing that Heavenly Father could love him MORE than his Sweet Little Mother! 








I'm so thankful for the people that have taken time to write letters, poems & simple messages to us. I would like to share some of the poems that have been written for our family and Britt. It's amazing when and how some of these poems came to us, It was exactly what we needed to hear at that moment on that day. Thank You so much to all of you that spilled a little of your heart for us!


Thanks Again,
Jesse Shipp





Britton

As I lay here trying to sleep
My thoughts are not so clear,
For you are there, so far away
And I am only here
To be secure of where you are,
Is what I need to know,
But then I understand His pace,
and son we'll take it slow
If only I could hear your voice,
or see one smirky smile,
maybe then I'd be at ease,
But only for awhile.
For you My Boy are on a path
that I don't understand,
But God above is guiding you
along a different plan.
For Britt my son I have seen
more heads are bowing down,
and more have come to kneel with Thee,
and many lost are found
Why it is I'll never know
that this has come to be
But through this trial , I have faith
that you'll be back with me!
Only time can help me out,
I guess we're good to wait,
Until that day that you return,
I'll trust to Him your fate.

Jen Sargent




For Britt

You look up, things seem dark
Seems like life just went downhill and decided to park
Day by day passes, but you’re still finding yourself asking how and why
You wish that all this pain would just move along and pass by
Going around every day with your head down just makes each day longer
Remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
You got to keep having faith, keep believing
The easy way out is to just stay grieving
But that’s not who you are
You’re strong, a leader, a star
You’re an example to so many
When life knocks you down, it doesn't mean its winning
You fight back, until you win this war
Because you know what you’re fighting for
Pain will pass at some point, but that is all up to you
It could be day, a month, a year, or even two
Just remember who you are and what you believe
God doesn't put us through anything we can’t conquer and achieve
Yes things might seem dark now
But eventually that smile will be so much bigger than that frown

Nick





BELIEVE FOR BRITTON

Sometimes things happen
that we can not explain
with tons of unanswered questions these experiences cause our hearts so much pain
Why in the world would this happen
to someone so innocent and young
a young man with a future
and a life filled with so much fun.
Our father has plan
for everyone you see
a plan we can not explain especially in such a tragedy
As Britton’s body lays sound asleep
upon a hospital bed
his spirit is so happy in heaven in the arms of his best friend
You see as Britton is sleeping here the veil we can not see
he is learning lessons in heaven that will be with him throughout eternity
Britton is in the arms of our Savior The hugs must be so tight
as his body lie in the hospital putting up the biggest fight.
He has taught a lot of patience and love for all man kind people from all over
have Believe for Britton on their mind
You see it on their jerseys
or written on their wrists
you hear it as you walk through stores
Everyones talking believe for Britt.
You see your family has changed so many peoples lives
because as everyone reads your blog
They are learning of the pure love of Christ
Christ knows your hearts are hurting
While upon the waves of life you are tossed.
He also holds you tightly in his arms
as your family is feeling so lost.
Thank you for your examples. of a true modern day family. Who has been thrown into a situation here.
And used it to help build others testimonies.
Thank you!!!

Believe For Britton 

Shari Fisher




1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to share my deepest hopes for your son's full recovery... we lost our 19 yr old son this past January in a tragic accident. As I read about Britton's situation, my heart continually aches for each of you, and I can really feel for his mom because I had/have that kind of relationship with our son, Jonathan. I've found such hope and joy as I watched the video of Britton following the commands of his physical therapists to move his hands, arms, and feet. What a wonderful accomplishment that is!!
    He's got it in him to comprehend, to fight, to be encouraged by all of you...and with all of our prayers, God's Will will be done :). I'm hoping for many more miracles in his precious life!
    ~Sending a Big hug to Sommer ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete