Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sleeping Beauty


Wakey wakey sleeping beauty. that is always the first thing I say to britt everyday. We even tried to get some girls to kiss him, to see if he would wake up. that didn't work. Britt has done so well the last few days. Really he just needs to wake up and start responding to commands. All of his vitals have stayed perfect for the most part. He is killin it in physical therapy and rehab. They turn him on his belly, put him on the tilt table and stand him up, sit him on the side of the bed, they are even going to take him outside sometime soon! That will be fun! He hasnt seen the sun for awhile, but somehow he is still and always will be tanner than me. He also got the better skin, along with the eyelashes and perfect eyebrows. Maybe he was supposed to be the girl. I dont know. He is pretty stinkin cute though. All 98 pounds of him.

We have been so overwhelmed the last couple of days with the continual kindness and love that everyone has showed us. Seriously, you guys are so awesome. We owe everything to you. There is no way we would be getting through this mess without everything you have all done for us. The wade family and St. George Shuttle had a christmas party last night, and had us over. They were so kind, thoughtful and generous. The words we heard were so touching. We are so grateful for people who go out of their way, and take time out of their own lives and families to offer us a helping hand and show their support. They put together a slide show, with a few pics of britton and a song. Let me tell you what....those slideshows will get ya. Like, cue the slideshow and here come the tears. Man. That is twice now. No more slide shows for me hahahah. It was all beautiful, everything they did. And everything you have all done. We are left in awe every day, at what has been and is being done for our family and our britt.

The other day we were driving, and pulled up to a stop light. There was a car in front of us that had a Believe 4 Britton sticker on the back windshield. Someone asked me, "Did you ever think you'd see your brothers name all over peoples cars?"

I said no. But then I really thought about it.

No. Never in a million years would I have thought that my little brothers name would be on a sticker on the back of someones car, or a sign in their front yard, windows of businesses around town, shirts, bracelets, marquees. No way. Not my brother. Never did I think people would be doing benefit concerts, and dinners to raise money for my him. Never did I think I would be watching slide shows, with pictures of my little brother on it clear from when he was little up until now to raise awareness for what has happened to him.

It's the worst thing in the world to be honest. To have your little brothers name all over everything and not for the best reason. It still hasn't hit me yet, i don't think. That it's my brother. My little brother, that all of this is happening to.

It is the greatest thing in the world though, at the same time. To see his name on every sign, down every street, every car, on every persons wrist, or across their chest. How unbelievable.

Things could be very different.

He could be here, in the same situation. And people could care less, offer their condolences and that was the end of it. No signs, no stickers, no bracelets, no visits, no notes/letters....nothing.

I think about how different it would be for our family. To not have the support that we do. To not be shown the love we feel every day.

It would be impossible, for us. For Britt. So thank you. We love you.






2 comments: