Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Good Reminder

I've been saying this to my brother for 6 weeks now, but I think today it is especially fitting. I think as his family, we also have to remember this. All we can do is look ahead and hope for brighter days to come. You have to take it one battle at a time, that is something that i have learned. You cant win the war all at once. It's one battle at a time. And sometimes you might come up a little short, but you keep moving forward and keep putting up your best fight regardless. I have really made an effort today to keep my heart in the right place, never letting my faith and trust in the lord and his plan waver. No matter how fearful i might be, or how unsure things may seem...I have to remember that "it will all be alright in the end". Britt isn't a quitter, never has been, never will be. He has made it this far, and he wont be stopping anytime soon. Sure, he may backtrack a little bit. But when the going gets tough, the tough get going...and my sweet brother is the perfect example of tough. I KNOW that through he faith of our family, and all of you who so strongly believe in our Britt, that through the millions of prayers that are offered up every minute of every day...that my brother, will not give up, will not quit, he will keep walking, he will keep trying, because he knows that there is help and happiness ahead, that it will all be all right in the end, he trusts in God and believes in good things to come.






2 comments:

  1. Sweet Autumn I have tried to post several times but it never goes through. Britt and your family are in our prayers many times a day. I know Cole is sending prayers from Italy too. Stay strong! Thanks for your beautiful posts. They have touched my heart so many times. We love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, you have a very special way of administering to those who need comfort and this time it was me! One year ago tomorrow, I walked into the ER and they found my tumor the size of a volleyball on my liver. It has been a hard year but one of the very first uplifting inspirational stories I received was this very clip by Elder Holland. I had no idea of the climb I would be facing but I knew I could do it with the Lord's help. You and your family have no idea of the climb you are facing but know this, you guys can do it. Don't quit and trust in the Lord. Thank you for the beautiful reminder. Love you and your family with all my heart. Angie

    ReplyDelete