Thursday, December 4, 2014

Honey I Shrunk the Ki(britton)ds

HEY! Today was yet another good day in the life of a traumatic brain injured boy named Britt. He did so well. Just another quiet, low key day, but like I said...those are what we want. Nothing significant happened. He did good in physical therapy though, we tried to stand him up, but that ended about as quickly as it started. Not ready yet. But soon! So here is the deal...Listen up!

We are going to be in here for another 7 days. And then at the end of those 7 days, they will reevaluate and go from there. We are still trying to figure out what the best move will be for our boy, and what our insurance will allow us to do. We are hoping, best case scenario, that soon, very soon, britt will start waking up, and responding to commands. IF...that is the case, he would be able to go to the Acute Rehab here in St. George, which is a phenomenal facility. BUT, in order to be there, he has to be able to participate in at least 3 hours of therapy each day. So he has to be awake, and responsive.  That is the goal though. So cross your fingers and say those prayers!

Britt has lost like 40 pounds. It's no joke. My sweet brother, who was so concerned about gaining weight and bulking up. He was finally starting to put on weight and fill out. I really started to notice recently, how mature and grown up he was getting. It's hard to see my little brother so frail and weak. His little legs and arms. His back bone and ribs totally exposed. I told him he would be a great candidate for the next victoria's secret model. He didn't laugh at my joke. It breaks my heart though, to see him like that. I don't like it. At all. I just want to take him to mcdonalds and buy him 2 big mac's a large fry and a large coke, just like he used to make me do during the summer. I don't like seeing my brother so fragile...he is supposed to be big and strong and healthy. I might have to start sneaking twinkles and donuts into his tube feeds.

My grandma Sandy and aunt Shellie brought us the most amazing christmas tree for Britt, to put in his room here at the hospital. It brought us all to tears. It is perfect. Everything about it. It's so britt. We have the best family and friends in the world, that is for sure.

Thank you for the prayers, the thoughts, the smiles, and for believing in our B.









2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name Is Kim Lake and my son Justin Tuft and I have been following Britton,'s progress day by day. I can totally relate to all you are going through with your son, 8 years ago September 7, 2006 my son was in a life threatening accident when he was struck and ran over while on his motorcycle by an elderly lady. That was the day many many lives were changed forever. A friend of ours Michelle Orton just sent me a message on face book saying that Justin and I should come visit your family at the hospital and just talk and give our love support and hope to your family and to show you there is always hope and prayers are answered and believe me Miracles do happen!!!!! I hope it will be ok for us to drop by this week we would love to meet your family.
    All our love and prayers
    Kim Lake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim! we would love to meet you and talk with you:)

      Delete