Saturday, December 27, 2014

8 weeks


Holy smokes. No way has it been 8 weeks!!

8 weeks too long if you ask me haha. Britt has been a busy boy as usual today. Lots of physical therapy, standing up, moving around, sitting in the chair. He did really well with it all. The therapy is really intense here! Its really good for him! He has been doing this thing lately where he struggs the left side of his face and kind of makes a crying sound. He only does it when he is in pain, we think he is trying to cry when he does it. It always makes us really sad to watch, but at least he is able to show that he is in pain.

His hair is growing in over his scars and they're looking so good!! He was responding to all of my commands today. I told him to raise his eyebrow, wiggle his toes, and stick out his tongue and he did all of them! I asked him if he wanted to open his eyes and he just started moving all around. I really think he wants to so bad, and he is trying, but just can't! Poor guy.

My grandma aunt and cousin came down to visit today, and it was fun to see them! And one of Britton's nurses from the ICU dropped by too to check in on him!

8 weeks. 2 months. 56 days. If you think too much about those numbers, you start to get discouraged, scared, fearful, you start questioning things. I try not to look at it like how long it has been...but more like how far he has come.

 I remember the first time i saw Britton after his accident. I walked into his room and his chest was going up down up down a million miles an hour, tubes down his throat and up his nose, with big machines hooked up to them. Colorful wires and lines hooked all over him. Iv's lining his arms, tons of medications and fluids hanging next to him. A swollen, bloody, bandaged head, discolored face, dark eyes, cold body, no movement. Thinking back to that moment. The feelings, the emotions, it's so hard to relive it, and to remember it. I've never seen someone in such bad shape in my entire life, in pictures, on tv, no where, had I seen such a horrific sight. And it didn't help that it was my little brother. My sweet, perfect, 16 year old little brother. Who the last time I had seen, was a healthy, strong, and charismatic boy. How it had all changed so drastically. Nothing was for certain that night. No one knew what the next minute, hour, night or day might hold for him. I did though. A feeling so strong in my heart, that it would be okay, that he, would be okay. Over the next few days and weeks, I feared, I questioned, but I never doubted. As many highs and as many lows that there has been, doubt has never overpowered the faith and trust that I have of the miracle and happy ending that will take place.

It has been 8 weeks since I walked into that room and saw him for the first time. It brings me so much joy and happiness to see him and how far he has come from that night. His head is no longer swollen and wrapped in bandages. He no longer has tubes running through his nose and mouth feeding him and  breathing for him. He breathes completely on his own through a trach in his neck. He has a feeding tube in his belly that is able to give him the nutrition he needs. His face is the perfect color, his hands warm and firm. He moves. On his own. He hears us, and he responds. He recognizes pain. His scars are healing, his hair is growing. His organs are all working properly. His immune system is working the way it should. He swallows, has a gag reflex, contracts his own muscles. He's here, he is alive, and he is well. Obviously not as well as we would all wish him to be, but he is getting there. Slowly, he is getting there.

He still needs your prayers, very much. He needs you to keep believing in him. Time might go on, and he might still be sleeping, but please don't give up on him. Don't forget about him, because he needs us, all of us. Thank you for all you've done. Thank you for sticking by him all this time. Our family is incredibly grateful for all of you and everything you've done:)

In Jeffrey R. Hollands book, "To My Friends" I read,

"If thou canst do anything, have compassion on us, and help us. If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

"In this church, what we know will always trump what we do not know. And remember, in this world, everyone is to walk by faith."





8 comments:

  1. Don't worry we will never forget .You have the best family .BRITTON WILL be fine.will say a prayer every night .

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks really good, Autumn! Prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers your family's way you all of yon and for Britt. He looks so good with his hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn, you don't know me, but my daughters, Hannah and Sarah Adent, both know and love your brother. I read your blog daily and cry, laugh, get excited and pray! I share your blog with my family and friends, who don't know Britton, but want to know how he is doing because they are parents, too. My thoughts and prayers are with your family everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you don't know me, but I am always thinking about your family. You are always in my thoughts in prayers. Thank you for your example of true faith and trust in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Melanie Reber's niece and Lainee's cousin. I have been following your blog about Britton. I think of you and your sweet Britton often. I was telling my daughter about Britton and she told me that one of her roommates was in a coma for 3 months. She was in a motocross racing accident - and there she was - healed and in college. Keep your faith. We will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do facebook very often, but I just read the story about your Britton. I am so sorry he has had to go through such a trial, and the anguish his family has had to endure. Often times our greatest tragedys become blessings in disguise. Hard to realize and accept sometimes, but I believe it to be a fact. Having the patience and faith is important. I will add he, and his family, to my prayers. Keep the faith, and may God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I found Dr. OSOFO I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another man. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr. OSOFO through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my girlfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. OSOFO helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. OSOFO to anyone in need of help. Email:                            (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349065749952   

    ReplyDelete