Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Party Don't Stop


Sleeping beauty is still...well, sleeping. But just because he's sleeping, and just because we are in a hospital, the party don't stop. nope. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!


Britton had another huge day of physical therapy! He did great, again, such an over achiever. They had him on his hands and knees, standing up, sitting up, rolled him on a ball that looked like a giant lima bean (don't ask), and he even was responding to some pretty tough commands. that's our boy!

Sometimes I just don't get it though. How can he hear us and respond to commands every once in awhile, so well, but still lie unconscious in a coma?! SO WEIRD.


Hey, listen up. I just want to say how much it means to me that you read this blog. That you care enough to hear of my brothers daily progress. I am completely blown away at the response this thing has had, especially because I had no intentions of it becoming what it has. I initially just started it so Britt could have kind of a journal of everything that went on, so that one day when he is able to he can look back trough it and see everything he overcame. And so my parents wouldn't have to deal with explaining how he was doing a million times a day! It has become so much more than that I think. And not because of me, but because of all of you. It helps me to express my feelings in a healthy way, it keeps me positive and upbeat about everything too! I look forward to posting every day. I'm so thankful that it has helped others, through their own difficulties and trials. It helps me to realize that my brothers accident wasn't just for nothing, he isn't going through all of this for no good reason. If it is helping even one single person, inspiring one heart, or teaching one mind...then it is all worth it. And that is all I could ever ask for. That through my brothers struggle others are being helped. Thank you for all the sweet comments on every post, I see them and read them all! They are so uplifting and encouraging to me. Thank you for saying hi when you see me out and about and for your sweet compliments about this blog. It means the world. I feel like because of this blog I have met so many amazing new people, and heard the most incredible stories of miracles and hope. Some that have truly touched and changed my heart. Often times i feel like peopel give me too much credit, i've said it once and ill say it again.

It is not me. It is my sweet brother. The boy who is laying in the bed next to me. The boy who has fought miraculously for 60 days, and will continue to do so. The boy who has left an unerasable mark on my heart, and probably all of ours. He has inspired thousands, yet hasn't said a word. He has taught me the true meaning of love. In it's deepest most purest form. He has shown me what it is really like to be like christ, to live like him. He has strengthened my testimony, and shown me that God lives...without a doubt, that he loves all of us, without a doubt, and that he is the almighty, without a doubt. He has taught me what it really means to be strong and to never give up...no matter how hard it gets. He is my angel, my role model, my perfect example, and my little brother. Everything I have said within the last 60 days, has been from him or because of him. I'm just the one with the keyboard.






14 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your posts everyday. Please continue to write and share his journey with all of us. It has been a strength for all of us to see the daily miracles that are happening. You are amazing and I am so proud of Britt and how he has inspired all of us through your writing. Keep the Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is going to look back at this blog and be amazed at what an incredible, inspiring sister he has! Happy NEW Year to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn- I know it ha been 6 years since I last saw you, man, you were such a tiny girl then... well, okay, not that tiny, but still. It is unfathomable to me how Britton's fight has become a blog sensation also. wait, not unfathomable, you are quite a writer-- it is honest, and real. The love for your brother shows through this crazy social medium!!! Blogging is therapeutic isn't it?

    Britton, when we moved, was such a fun 10 year old, it is fun in such a weird way to see all the pictures you have posted over the last 60 days of him and your little brothers. He is such a stunning young man. I know that he will be back- eyes open and speaking, but in his own time. He is healing, he is learning from Heavenly Father in Heavenly Father's mysterious way and he will be able to tell you about it. In the mean time he is like you said, teaching us all.
    I am so grateful for him for that. I has helped with knowing how to deal with Heidi Scholtzen's death. It has helped me solidify my knowledge of the Plan of Happiness. It is such a glorious thing, It is real and it is our way to be with our loved one again! I am glad we know of that plan, aren't you?

    Give your mom, dad and brothers a hug from me. Make sure they give you a hug for me too. God Bless you all in this new year. <3 Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lov your family. Pray for u all daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful talent of sharing your feelings in writing, not to mention how awesome you are as a photographer! Thanks for sharing, inspiring us with hope, and allowing us to pray for your brother and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2015 is the year of vision and decision. I see Britton Awake! Can't wait for your post and picture of him wide eyed. Happy Happy New Year….:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New year to you and your family ,you have inspired me with your faith. Tell Britton we are all pulling for him .yes I am one of the ones that read your blog daily,I am so loo,ING forward today you tell us Britton has opened his eyes .May God bless and keep your family safe .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hats, guys! You are rockin' in the new year in style!!

    I pray for Britton daily and can't go to bed at night until I've checked for an update. I have faith that he will wake up soon and I believe that 2015 will be a great year for your family ♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Hugs and prayers from Ft. Collins, Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy that he is continuing to do so well! It truly makes my day to get on and read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been following this blog since day 1...not being of the LDS faith I still understand the power of faith. I am so amazed at the miracles everyday that you describe. The fact that you can talk to him and he responds to that. INCREDIBLE...I can't wait to see the posts that says he is awake. To hear what he said or is thinking or what you all or feeling. Such a miracle..

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I found Dr. OSOFO I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another man. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr. OSOFO through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my girlfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. OSOFO helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. OSOFO to anyone in need of help. Email:                            (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349065749952   

    ReplyDelete