Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 35

It's just another day in the office for B-Unit. There hasn't been any significant changes over the past couple of days. He has just been sittin real stable, and doing well. Still breathing completely on his own, still doing well with physical therapy, and still making his funny faces. His hair has grown back like a weed. So fast. And I'm starting to get really envious of his long eyelashes. Like, why did he get the long pretty eye lashes and not me? I'm the girl. I'm the one who needs them. His incisions are all healing really nicely, they're looking so so good. And chicks dig scars, so lucky him. I am being for real about his mexi-stache this time, it's coming in hot. You might have to get up close and personal to get a good look, but it is there, i swear. I'll try to snag a pic. The nurse even asked if she wanted us to shave it. I said...NO WAY, KEEP IT THERE UNTIL HE WAKES UP AND CAN SEE THAT HE GREW THAT HIMSELF CAUSE HE WONT BELIEVE IT. They changed some things with his feedings, added more protein or substance or something I can't remember...but get this.

HE GAINED 1.6 POUNDS..........HOLLA!

he is on the fast track back to a buck forty.

K, maybe not the fast track, but hey, he is ON TRACK.

So we have been trying this new thing where we pretend like, he is already awake. So everything we say to him, is in the context that he is already awake and walking around. It's fun. Very uplifting. Kind of weird. But fun. It is supposed to help him wake up in real life. SO WE DOIN IT.

Well friends, that's all for now. Keep the faith. Keep believing. We love you.



OH YEAH HOW COULD I FORGET. So, this happened yesterday. Instead of just sitting him up on the side of the bed like usual. They put him on this thing called the tilt table, and strapped him in, and stood him up. It was awesome, he did so well:)




2 comments:

  1. That is good. He will open his eyes someday but hey just be happy that he is safe and that he is almost out of the woods. ��������������

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog since the accident. I have had two brothers in this same situation and my heart aches for you and your family. I know how it feels to sleep on the cold, hard floor under a chair to stay out of the way. The smell of the hospital, how cold it can get, and the glorious warmed blankets. Seeing Britt standing in the tilt table reminds me of the first time I got a "stand-up hug" from my brother months after his accident. Little miracles add up. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete