Sunday, December 21, 2014

Day 50


Britt is loving the new location i think.

I said, "Britt, if you like it here...squeeze my hand."

and he definitely gave it a good squeeze.

I asked him if he could hear me to show me. And he lifted his leg up pretty high.

These things could be just spontaneous muscle reflexes...but I think they are very much intentional. I know he can hear us very well, more than ever before. And it is so exciting:)

He has been getting plenty of physical therapy, and his white blood count has looked really good the last couple of days! So we think the antibiotics are doing their job!

Today was really refreshing for me, in the fact that I know my brother is in there, and I know he is so close to opening those eyes of his. I just think he has a few more things to do and he will be ready to come back to all of us!

Still, everywhere I go...I am overwhelmed with love and thoughtfulness from all of those around me. Telling me how much they love the blog, and the updates, and Britt. Reassuring me that he is being prayed for by an incredible amount of people. Our sweet boy is getting all that he needs here on earth, we are all doing out part, and I know that as long as we keep that up, keep the faith, that heavenly father will do his part.

So once again, thank you all. Thank you for stopping me and giving me big hugs, and telling me how much you care, and how he has been in your prayers. Thank you for caring enough for my brother, and for supporting him and our family, that you take the time out of your busy everyday lives to read this, and follow along. I never in a million years would have thought that so many people would end up reading this blog...I guess I just never knew how truly lucky and blessed we are, to have a brother, and a son, who has inspired so many people and changed so many heart. This christmas season I have really took into account the act of service. Being more christlike and giving. You guys have given so much to my family and sweet brother the past 7 weeks. More than I could have ever imagined. We have received an endless amount of love and support. So I thank you for sharing that with us this christmas season.

A few weeks ago, I know if you would have asked my family our plans for Christmas we would have been a little bit bitter about it. Not knowing if we would even really be able to have one. It is hard to picture Christmas morning here in the hospital, rather than us all...and i mean all 6 of us...waking up in my mom and dads bed and running up the stairs to see everything under the tree, the little boys so excited that santa came! Taking turns opening our presents one by one, and then me amy dad and Britton helping the little guys put together all of their stuff and new toys. Gathering around the table for a big breakfast and christmas dinner. It's hard to know that it will not be that way this year. Thankfully we have the most amazing people in our lives, who have been nothing but amazing in helping get my little brothers some presents, and offering to bring us dinner or have us over! I don't know what we would do without you guys. Your service has been so special to us. But I think about it, and there is no where else I would rather be this Christmas, than here in the hospital next to my brother, surrounded by the 5 people that mean more to me than anything else in this world. Surrounded by the spirit that is so strongly felt round about my brothers bed every single day. You walk into this room and you can feel its presence. His presence. Christmas isnt about the presents, or the good food. It never was. And I think we all know that. I think this christmas will be the best one yet...because I know what is important in life more than I ever did before, and I know why we celebrate it. My heart is so full, especially lately, of the love Christ offers us, the strength and the light. He is the gift. Not the new scooters, not the new clothes, or the shoes and toys under the tree, those are all great...but he, our savior, Jesus Christ, is the true gift. Im so thankful for the way my testimony has been able to grow lately. For the better understanding I have of God's love, His plan, Jesus' sacrifice for all of us. The tender mercies, the blessings and the miracles he so kindly offers us. And has offered my brother and our family. As long as I have my family, and my savior, this christmas will be the best one yet. We are praying for that christmas miracle. For our sweet boy to open those eyes someday soon. And maybe it wont be before christmas, or even on. And that is fine. We will wait, as long as it takes. But there is no harm in hoping, and praying with the utmost faith that it will be this Christmas season:) Thank you for taking the time to serve my family the way you have, especially during the crazy month of december when you are so busy caring for your own and preparing for the holiday season. What you have done for us, means the world. You have all demonstrated the light of christ, and the spirit of christmas in a ways I have never seen or felt in my entire life. Thank you for teaching me the true meaning of love and service, especially during such a special time of the year, which we celebrate because of Christ, the ultimate example of love and service.

Here is a video from today of Britt following commands:) ITS THE CUTEST THING EVER (besides my annoying voice...apologizing in advance)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVBtCTKJhr4&feature=youtu.be


7 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Come on buddy, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious day it will be when he opens those eyes! I feel like it's so close! He is an amazing guy! Keep it up, Britt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God Bless to all especially Britt. He knows, he is trying. You can see his eyes moving under those lids!!

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome. Thank you for the updates. I look for them every night! You can tell that he is trying. It has got to be as frustrating for him as it is your family. I BELIEVE IN BRITT! Sending our love n prayers. Merry Christmas! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for your Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be fun for your brother to reads your blog when he wakes up, of his journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspired by your words. Thank you for sharing this story with the world. May you and your family be blessed and comforted.

    ReplyDelete