Wednesday, December 3, 2014

New Leather


Oh Britt. I pick your blackheads, the dead skin on your hands and arms off, peel those nasty dandruff flakes from your head where your scars are, and clean out your ear wax. Just for fun. Now...if that's not love, I don't know what is.

Anyway.

B has had a great day! He's done well, just chillin for the most part. He did really well sitting up today, twice. I love helping the therapists and nurses with that. I just feel like he hears me, and knows my voice. It's hard to do though, hard to watch. But heck....sometimes you just gotta suck it up, and help your brother out. Because he needs you. They held his eyes open a lot today, trying to see if he would follow movement. It's hard to look into his eyes. Just because, I want to see my brother, my britt. When it's just a blank stare, it's hard to know if he is in there. I'm quickly reminded each time, I see his eyes, that he is very hurt. I try to look away most of the time, and just not think about it. It scares me. It really really scares me. I want to be able to look in my little brothers eyes again and see him, the Britt I know and remember so well. Eyes say so much about a person. And i guess i never realized that until now. Eyes show emotions, feelings, life. So many things. I want to see his eyes again. Cause when I see his eyes, Ill be seeing him. That cute boy, we all know. JUST OPEN EM ALREADY!!

He is a champ. Seriously. You go Britt.

His new glove came today. He ordered it right before the accident. My dad brought it to the hospital and opened it up for him. He tried to put it on his hand as best as he good, and waved it around his nose hoping he would catch the scent of that brand new leather.

That was hard for my mom. Seeing his new glove. I think she is scared, because she doesn't know if he will ever get to use it the way he did before. And we all are, of course. He loves baseball more than anything really. And it scares her, all of us, that he may not get to do what he loves ever again. But you know what, I think he will. I really REALLY do. I'm not just saying that either. If my brother wakes up and still loves baseball, and wants to play...then he will play. And do whatever it takes to get there. It's as simple as that. He's gonna wear that new glove of his. He is going to make a million diving catches and game winning snags with that thing. You just wait.



2 comments:

  1. Baseball is Life. Throw in a little red dirt , seeds and sweat, along with that leather, that'll do it? Keep fighting Britton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will open his his eyes Autumn. .hes just not ready yet..I know he will. And he will do all the things he loves to do..one day at a time..#keepthefaith #yougotthisbritt

    ReplyDelete