Wednesday, December 24, 2014

O Holy Night


 First of all, I swear it was just November 1...and now it's almost December 25th?! Time flies when your having fun I guess. haha

Today has been so great. My mom, dad and I spent the morning and afternoon with Britt. He was a busy boy, doing tons of physical therapy. They worked him really good, even though it was a holiday;) No days off for this boy!

So basically he has just been a sleepy head all day long.

We put on our santa hats, and turned on the Mariah Carey Christmas station on pandora. We sang and danced and had ourselves a jolly good time.

this was our mistletoe (I know RIGHT, you're wondering how we are so dang crafty)

My little brothers, Ledger and Greyson, came over this evening, and were able to talk to Britt and visit with him for a little bit. They really liked the isolation outfits! Our dear friends, the Akins, brought us over the greatest christmas eve dinner, and we were able to eat it here in the hospital. We are so very thankful for sweet gestures like that, because they allow us to spend more time with Britt and be here with him. We also had the Fakahua Family visit us, and they sang some carols for Britton. That family has got some serious skills...and I aint kiddin. They were SO GOOD. And so incredibly thoughtful for going out of their way to come spend a few minutes at the hospital on christmas eve to sing for my brother. You know there were lots of tears involved. The spirit was SO strong.


Then we got one of the nurses to be on babysitting duty, and we walked on over to the temple with our friends, the Howell's, it's pretty convenient that its just right across the street from the hospital. We walked around and looked at the lights and listened to the nativity.

And now here I am, sitting comfy in a chair next to Britt and we are watching our all time favorite movie...Christmas Vacation. I MEAN WHAT ARE THE ODDS, that it comes on TV?! We seriously watched it 20 times last december. We can quote almost every line. This time, I was the only one quoting, Britton must have just wanted to listen...Oh hey what do you know, Elf is coming up next, I think he likes that one too.

Here is the thing. Britton got the best Christmas Presents, hands down. So if he isnt awake to claim them...I'm right here.

Also, Britt is always the first one up on Christmas morning, SO NO PRESSURE BRITTON...NO PRESSURE.

Anyway, there is no where else I would rather be on christmas eve than right here with my Britt. Christmas really does have a completely different meaning to me this year. The pure love of Christ that has been felt the past couple of months and last couple of days is so special. It's about celebrating him. And enjoying the ones you hold dear to your heart. It is so crazy to think on this holy night the wisemen saw a star symbolic of the birth of Christ, they were visited by angels telling them of his coming, and they followed it, seeking the son of God...the Savior of all mankind.

That happened.

As my thoughts wander, I think back to that night, and what it must have been like, to be there, to witness it all. I'd like to think that I would have followed that light to welcome the savior. Christmas is a story of love. That is what it is all about. It's simple, yet so miraculous and sacred. It's meaningful, and it's beautiful. Remember him, and let the love of Christ into your hearts and your homes this Christmas.

Pray for a Christmas miracle for our Britt. Tomorrow could very well be the day, and I couldn't think of a greater gift.

Watch This! The Birth of Christ


4 comments:

  1. You really are a special girl. Merry Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled onto you blog from a facebook friend. Thank you for your example of faith. Praying for your angel sin and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn. .. You are a special daughter of God. Your comments each day have inspired and touched the lives of many! Britt is blessed to have you as his sister! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I found Dr. OSOFO I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another man. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr. OSOFO through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my girlfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. OSOFO helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. OSOFO to anyone in need of help. Email:                            (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349065749952   

    ReplyDelete