Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015: The year of the Great Awakening


2015 is going to be Britt's big year. I know it. He's gonna wakey wakey like an earthquakie. 


Today, he took another bath/shower! Did really well, and loved every minute. He did some good old physical therapy too. He worked so hard! We are loving it here, and so is Britt. The nurses and therapists are so great! They push him to the very limit, and expect big things from Britt. Just like a coach would. They are so caring and loving towards him too! We are so lucky to be here, with such amazing people who are GOOD at what they do. 

All the hard work today got him slumped, so he has just been snoozin away most of the day. (and watching college football games...well, listening to them) 

I love when I am talking to him and I can just tell that he is listening and hears  me. It is the best feeling in the whole wide world. To know that he can hear my voice, and hear what I'm saying. That he can hear me tell him I love him, and that I'm proud of him. Granted, sometimes he is tired and doesn't want anything to do with listening or responding, but when he does...it's so great. 

Funny story: So the other night, I get this call from my dad..."OH MY GOSH, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE IT!! WE GOT THE BEST DINNER IN THE WORLD TONIGHT BROUGHT TO OUR HOUSE. THE MOST TENDER STEAKS IVE EVER EATEN, AND TWICE BAKED POTATOES BETTER THAN GREAT GRANDMA NEBECKERS, AND STEAMED BROCCOLI LIKE YOU WONT BELIEVE. YOU ARE GOING TO DIE."

And he went on for 10 minutes telling me about this miraculous 5 star dinner that was brought to us. He does that a lot. So to all those who are so kind to bring my family dinner...thank you!! I get calls like this all the time because of what great cooks you guys are haha

Anyway, i zipped home from the hospital and tried it for myself. he wasn't lyin. Best steak I've ever had. And twice baked potatoes better than my great grandma Nebeckers;)

Also, the most sentimental thing happened the other day. That boy i talked about, seeing him learn to walk down the hallways. The other night, he wheeled down the hall in his wheelchair and asked my mom if he could have a minute with Britton. She said of course, and stepped outside. He put on all of the isolation gear, and went inside, pulling up next to his bed, and grabbed his hand. My mom said, she could just hear him saying.. "You got this Britton. So many people are praying for you. You are a tough kid, if I can do it, so can you. If you need anything I'm just down the hall."

When I heard this story from my mom, my heart smiled so big. What an incredible boy. This touched my entire families heart. And I guess all the nurses were outside crying, because it touched their hearts too. 


Brittons friend, Ike made these for the "crew", they are the best of pals, those 5. Seeing things like this always make us smile. Britt really is a lucky kid to have such great, and true friends. After 61 days they still don't miss a day of coming and writing a note in his book out in the lobby, so he knows they were here for him.  




2 comments:

  1. While you are being blessed, those who are being allowed to serve you are being blessed. I love that it is a full circle. Wakey wakey sleepy Britton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete