Friday, January 9, 2015

Ridin Dirty

Okay before you do anything...you must drop what you are doing and watch this video I made of Britton. He used to LOVE this song, and i mean love. He played it over and over and over and over again, until he knew every single word by heart. So I decided I would whip up a little somethin somethin.

I now present...Ridin Dirty- Feat. Wheel Chairmillionair (AKA britt my brother)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5LvWYcWvKE
Someday, when Britt regains consciousness and see's everything I've done....i'm probably going to have to book it for the hills. BUT I KNOW HE WOULD DO THE SAME THING TO ME. Maybe even, worse. hahahah. sibling rivalry. So when that day comes, say a little prayer that he wont want to kill me and trash my room by throwing all my clothes from my drawers all over the floor and messing up my bed like he did one time when we were younger and i made him mad. #believe4autumn

Today was yet another BOMB.COM of a day. All these good days just keep rollin in, but hey, we will take it. Gladly. Britt was really responsive today, acting with a lot of purposeful movements and gestures. I think i saw 5839202032857457 thumbs up's today. He shook his head for no quite a bit though, which is so cute every time. His manners have come leaps and bounds, always waving to guests as they come and go. We have seen the left side of his body start to move a little bit which is really exciting, because it rarely does. Britt got hit on the right side of his brain, so the left side takes the deficit. But something seems to be sparking in that little brain of his. 

He went hard in the paint today in physical therapy. Like 4 hours worth it seemed like! Man, Britt has the best physical therapists in the game. They push him to his limits, and even beyond sometimes, but know what he is capable of and want to get him there. It's awesome. So much love and dedication. He killed it today. 

I got to take him outside again today, I asked him if he wanted to and he gave me a thumbs up (imagine that) so i said, well alrighty lets go! It was so much fun. Just me and the broski sitting in the sun and listening to his favorite songs. I kid you not, I turned on "the things we do for love" by that whatever CC group, and he got so excited. His arms were moving, and one of his legs, and he started moving his mouth all over the place. I know he was dying to just belt it out and dance along with me. It was so awesome. I turned on a high school musical song, and he started shaking his head, so i turned it off. Which really made me sad, because I was going to sing the Gabriella part, and he got Troy's. Now usually, if we were back in the old days before this happened, I would just turn it up louder so I couldn't hear him complain...

I sure love you Britt. And I cant believe how well you have done the past week. I'm so proud of you and everything that you are and have become. You amaze me each day with your willingness to work hard and your quirky personality, despite the circumstances you are in. Keep getting better, and I'll keep being annoying and embarrassing you in front of thousands of people:) I love you B.

Thank you everyone for all of the sweet comments, once again. They lift our spirits, put smiles on our faces, and gratitude in our hearts. You are all so wonderful. Thank you for your continued prayers, thoughts, and service towards our family. Britt is such a lucky boy to have this army behind him and believing in him. You guys are the real MVP's. 

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! grateful to have been there. Grateful for his waving hi. Grateful for his thumbs up. Grateful to know he'll soon be opening those eyes!! Love you all.....constantly praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is amazing. Britt is in my prayers everyday. God bless you Shipp family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you guys but started following because my husband is a hunter and follows your dad on Instagram! I love how you are so positive and seems like you have a great attitude! My mother-in-law was hit by a drunk driver three years ago on her bike and was in a coma for over two months she had a major brain injury, I'm telling you there is light at the end of the tunnel! There are things that are different but overall she is doing great! Keep up what your doing you are an amazing sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new reader, what amazing strength your family has! I love your relationship with you brother. Adorable. Prayers from Boise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness - I LOVE the video you made!!!!!! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you again for sharing Britton and your family with all of us. I don't know your family personally but love reading your about Brittons progress! You are a fabulous writer, you should write a book. The video is awesome too. When Britton wakes up and sees everything you have done to document all of this for him, he will be so thankful! I can't wait to read that he has woken up! Continued prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/01/09/376084137/trapped-in-his-body-for-12-years-a-man-breaks-free?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=atc&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150109

    I don't know your family personally but I come check the blog to see how Britt is doing, every day! I seen this on Facebook today and thought of you all.. there is hope. People come out of these situations and are able to continue on, and chances are he can hear every sweet word your family has for him. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete