Thursday, January 22, 2015

Up In the Gym

(How cute is that smile)

Britton has totally killed it the last couple of days. He does two a days in physical therapy, hahah, probably around 3 or 4 hours. He has been doing a lot of walking, rolling, sitting up, kneeling, balancing, and he even used the leg press today, OH, and he did 5 pushups (girl style but we don't judge) all by himself today, it was so awesome. He has been doing really good in speech therapy. With his trach, there is a little balloon that closes off his trachea and they have that inflated so in case he throws up, it wont go back down, preventing aspiration. They have slowly started to deflate the cuff, which is the little balloon inside his throat, and by doing that he is able to start making noises and faint sounds. His vocal chords haven't been used for about 3 months now so they arrant working like normal. When we ask him to say "ahhh" he opens up wide and you can hear this low raspy sound, that is him trying to say "ahhh" the therapists are really impressed with how well he has done so far!!

He has had his eye half opened all day today, and all day yesterday. If he hears someone talking, he will turn his head, lift it up, and peek at you with that eye to see what is going on. He has been so happy, laughing and smiling. He does this funny thing where he shrugs his shoulders and does this halfway frown thing, that looks like he's saying "i don't know", it makes me laugh.

I was wearing a braves shirt today, and he kept on pointing to it, so i quizzed him on which team it was, and he knew for certain it was the braves. It is so crazy how aware he is of his surroundings and what is going on. He never gets anything wrong, he is a smart boy. He is probably just thinking in that little brain of his, "What is wrong with you idiots...you act like I don't know anything." hahahahahah.

Okay, while it's fresh on my mind. I have to bring up my mother. She does this thing, when she is talking to people and explaining things that Britt does, she does these demonstrations, and i seriously cant even type this without laughing my head off. So she like closes her eyes, and leaves one half opened, and tries to make the faces he does, and moves her arms and legs around trying to show people what he does, and YOU HAVE TO SEE IT. IT IS HILARIOUS. I don't think she even realizes what she looks like doing it, i mean...clearly she doesn't or else she wouldn't be doing it at all. But, it is dang funny. I will try to sneak a video sometime. She says, and I quote.."stop laughing at me, (kicks me) you know I like visuals, and I want other people to visualize it too."

We played catch today, and yesterday, with Britt. They pulled out this bionic/transformer/asian looking contraption for his arm...it is supposed to help his grip and release. So of course we through a ball in there, and had him grab ahold of it to see if he'd play catch. He was a natural. Almost back to throwing 99 mph fastballs.

Another funny thing, when he was doing the leg press today, he started getting a little cocky and was showing off...it was like, up down up down up down up down, super fast, he was cruising, and he was just laughing and so were we. Maybe you had to be there.

Him and one of his favorite nurse have formed a band...it's called 'T-ROY, B-SHIPP and the Rollers"

Don't ask.

He has one more day left of his antibiotics!! BOOO YAAA GRANDMAAAA!

Hasta la vista ugly yellow gowns.

Today the physical therapist taught me how to lift Britt up by myself, to a stand, and how to sit him dow. Honestly, I never thought this day would come. Looking back 3 months ago, and now here we are, and I'm able to lift him up all by myself and move around with him. How cool that we have made it to this point.

Anyway, Britt has made some pretty great progress the last couple days. He has started to regain function of the left side of his body more and more, he can touch his face and his nose, and raise his right arm all the way up to the sky, his head control is getting so good, and his attitude is the best...always wanting to do more, go farther, etc. He is such a champ. He makes us so happy and so proud.











13 comments:

  1. My 11 yr old son asked me how he can get a believe for Britton shirt. We live in SLC and follow your blog faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I would also like to know how to get the bracelets. We are out of Provo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting-I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and my kids would love a bracelet and possibly shirts too! We live in Richfield and we follow you daily! You are an amazing family and Britton is one of Heavenly Fathers prized children, his miracle is amazing to watch and such a testimony to all of us that miracles do indeed happen and that prayers are answered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today on CBS This Morning there was a great story on coma patients and how they recover so much better with familiar voices speaking to them frequently. Britt is lucky to have such a great family cheering him on every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a student nurse that got to work with Britt, whom I had somehow never heard about before. I am honored to have gotten to meet such a phenomenal man. Even after only a few hours, it was one of the most spiritual and inspirational experiences I have ever had. There is no doubt that he knows how loved he is, and that he wants to get better. I would love to shake his hand when he walks out of that hospital. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to Drapper next week. Just letting you know if you need something taken up North. Marv has an office in Drapper if you ever need anything. Just want you to know that I love hearing about Britton's progress. He's a fighter! Praying for him and the family everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved seeing him for that bit today! I noticed his eye open and looking out the door to see who was talking. That boy..... he's won so many hearts!! That 5.5 million new best friends you all have now. :) did you tell him I'd make him lunch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know your family, but I feel I have got to know you through this blog. I feel I need to tell you about a dream I had last night about your son Britton. I was in a car with Britton, and his mom, we were sitting on a bench seat in the front of the car and Brittons mom was driving, Britton was in the middle and I was in the passenger seat. Britton was still hooked up to everything, as we were driving I looked over and Britton had opened his eyes, after that I remember posts on here that he had woke up and that he was starting to walk on his own. I want to let you know I pray for your family a lot and that I know he will wake up. The road to recovery may not be easy for him but with a family as wonderful as you are by his side he will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The previous post was made by Lorene Briscoe the account is under my husbands name

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many prayers going up still!! Lots of blessings coming down!! Lov u all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete