Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 75


I think it's day 75...who even really knows anymore.

Today was yet another great day for Britt. He did well in all of his physical therapy and was pretty active for most of the day. We mostly just sit and bug him now and try to get him to do things for us. He probably gets so annoyed with us. The doctor has told us though it is very important for him to get just as much if not more, down time and rest, as he gets stimulation and therapy. So we have to be careful. Today me and him were watching his favorite youtube videos and he was just laughing and smiling away, it was the cutest thing ever. I was also talking to him just a little bit ago, saying the usual things, how much i love him and how proud i was of him, and if he ever needed anything that im right here. All of a sudden, he starts doing this frown thing, it was so sad, like a definite frown, and he just looked so sad, and I asked if he was okay and he said no, and I asked if something was hurting, he said no, then he started to do the cry thing, and I asked him if he was just sad, and he said yes. Poor guy. I don't blame him. Thank you thank you for your continued prayers and concern for Britt. He knows he's got an army behind him! Britt still continues to get visitors from the team of first responders that got to him on Pine valley mountain the day it happened. Today one of them from the pine valley fire department came to visit and check on him. It means so much to us that they care so much, about our britt. That it happened so long ago, yet they still are so concerned. We are forever grateful and indebted to those who were there with Britton on the mountain that day. If it weren't for each and every one of them, who played a specific role in saving his life, we wouldn't have him here today. It's crazy to hear their stories and accounts of what happened that day, how they didn't even think he would make it off the mountain. But here we are 75 days later:)

Heres a video of today!




15 comments:

  1. you are such a great sister. I've missed reading the blog for a few days & I noticed my days were lacking and something was missing.. this was it. it makes me happy to read of britt's progress and the stories that you share. praying always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just too cute!! I love reading updates and pray for continued progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close. Maybe he's not sure about leaving The Savior. I'm sure he is wrapped in his arms of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Gai is right. It would be a good place to be.

      Delete
  4. He's coming around that is so awesome ! Please God bless him and his family !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this boy a little more each day. He is fighting so hard to come back.-you can see it so well in this video. What a comfort for Britt to know that you have been and will continue to be by his side every step of the way. I know that there is a lot more behind those smiles than you will ever know. Prayers and love to you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the video!!! It's amazing to see his progression! Me and my lil boy don't know you guys, but we follow your blog and pray for his recovery often. Our hearts are with you guys. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm a follower from Oakley, Id. I first heard about Britt and your family from Hannah Harrah when she shared it on Facebook. I love seeing the improvements Britt makes each day. It's great seeing him respond to your voice commands. I encourage you to keep up your faith.
    It interests me so much because I went through an ATV accident on August 7, 2014. My parents saw the same improvements in me that you are seeing with Britt. I hope and pray that he will get to where I am today. Our God is full of grace and very merciful. I continue to pray for Britt and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I was hoping there would be a video! I love reading about his progress and the whole time I was like.... I wanna see!!! He's doing so so great! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your blog and following along with Britt's recovery. My youngest boy Ben went to Miss JaNae's preschool with Ledger so we were so sad to hear about Ledger's big brother Britt. We live in Salt Lake now, but I read your blog everyday. I think of you all often! You are an amazing sister! XOXO, Julie Marsden

    ReplyDelete
  10. He has the Elvis smile down!!! Love💜

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know you and your family but I'm rooting for you Britt! Thx for your amazing updates, he'd lucky to have you as a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to reach out to your family and offer our professional housecleaning services. Our family went through a similar trial and I understand the stress you can feel. I want to offer this at no cost to your family while Britt is recovering. Then you and your mom can focus on Britt. And when you do go home you can relax and not worry about cleaning details. If your interested look up our site www.care-cleaning.com contact Jenny I'm the owner and want to offer help if I can. Your family is truly amazing and we are praying for Britt

    ReplyDelete