Friday, January 23, 2015

Victory Dance

Today, Britton and his baby biceps (hahah just kidding britt) beat me in an arm wrestle. He was trying so hard too it was hilarious! It was pretty obvious that he was excited, clearly he has never beat me in anything before... (watch his victory fist pumps and smile)


Britt did a lot of walking today, clear down the hallway. It is so crazy to me that even though he isn't fully awake or aware, he is still able to participate and go through the motions of taking steps. It is a lot of work though, for sure. By the time they were done helping him they had to change into a new pair of clothes because they were so sweaty!

Britt will do almost anything you tell him to. He is so responsive and follows all commands, and if he cant do it, he gives it a good effort. It is so cool. 

Today i was laying down next to him on the mat, we were taking a time out from therapy, and resting. I was just holding his hand and looking at his cute face. He was just staring at me through that half opened eye of his. For a second, my heart just hurt. Like I said, every once in awhile it hits you that this is reality, and that it's actually happened. I was thinking about how my little brother not very long ago, was running around, lifting weights, being his athletic strong self...and now we are laying on a mat working on rolling over. It is just so crazy how things can change. And I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry so bad, but when I am looking at him it's like I'm looking at an angel. A spirit so special and so close to heaven, so wise and full of strength beyond measure. When I look at him and see that, I am quickly reminded that life is so fragile. There's so much more to life than what we get caught up in ever day. You never know when your life will be changed for ever, and just in a matter of seconds. He is just incredible, and has taught me so much about everything and anything. He has changed me. Completely. You wouldn't believe the attitude this kid has. He never wants to stop, he just wants to work work and work some more. He wants to get better, or pass out trying. Literally. Yesterday we were walking him down the hall and he was hyperventilating, and we asked him if he wanted to sit down and take a break...nope, he shook that head and wanted to keep on going, even though he was about to pass out. How he has a constant smile on his face and a determined attitude to work hard, through such hard circumstances, I will never know. It blows me away. 

A bunch of his buddies came by today to say hi and talk for awhile, and he was so happy to see all of them. It makes me happy to see him so excited. And to know that he has such good friends, who have stuck with him through the past 3 months, even though they've been so hard. They talk about a bunch of things that are happening at school and all of their funny stories and inside jokes. He get's laughing pretty hard. They are the greatest boys around...he is definitely a lucky kid to have them. 

Today was his last day of antibiotics!!! HALLELUJAH! they're going to do some cultures and test in the next couple of days to make sure the bug is out of his system and then its, adios to the gowns and masks and other isolation precautions. That was a long 6 weeks.

The nurses use this technique with the gowns, masks, and gloves to make more room in the trash cans, because when you are in and out of his room all the time the trash fills up real quick with all that stuff in it. So we would have races and time ourselves, when we take them off. Here's a little video! 




6 comments:

  1. Hi Autumn. You don't know me but I have been following your blog since a friend posted it on Facebook. I wanted to let you know that I love reading your updates and they have touched my heart. Your testimony is so inspiring and strong. Thank you again for sharing this journey. My thoughts and prayers are with Britton and your family. From a caring follower from Shelley, Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

      Delete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️💪💪💪😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for your inspiring blog. TeriLyn Baker who graduated high school with our dsughter posts them and I cannot thank you enough for sharing with us on Britts journey, his will to fight and his will to win! What an amazing sister you are. I strongly believe it's love like yours, your family and friends that keep coercing Britt to keep fighting. I pray the Lord will continue to walk side by side with this wonderful young man, carry him when necessary, and inspire him as He has been doing. Again, thank you. What an amazing family you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how far Brit has come.I tell you he is such a trooper.pappy this is the last day of antibitiocs. Hope is cultures come back negative.
    The P.T ..are doing a great job with your brother.
    I was just wondering how are the rest of your family doing ?.
    You are an incredible writer .. Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooooo hoooooo!!!! Seeeee yuuuhhhh!!! Both of these videos are so freakin' awesome! I'm so impressed with how well he's doing. And the video of him and Ledger pounding it out and blowing it up? That made my heart so happy!! This whole time my heart has ached for little Ledger. My littlest one would be absolutely devastated without his big brother. I'm so happy he's starting to come back to him! The blessings just keep pouring in!

    ReplyDelete