Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Quirky lil Thang

Today I watched my little brother laugh and smile.

That made me the happiest sister in the whole entire world.

My dad was talking about he was going to get him a new light bar for his truck and they could customize it and he could take it out in the hills to make out with all his chicks, and he just lifted his head back and gave us the biggest smile, you could tell he was trying to laugh. It was thee cutest thing ever.

I love seeing him smile. To know that, even though he has been through the worst of the possible worsts. He can still smile, and be the happy Britt I have always known. Last night I was reading facebook messages, and I had gotten one from his freshman baseball coach, he said this:

"In the few months I spent everyday with Britton (or chocolate-shipp) he stood out because he was always smiling and happy. He smiled like he knew something he wasn't supposed to know. In fact I only remember 2 times he wasn't smiling, one time was at practice and he had the flu or something. The other was the last game of the season at dhhs. Brit got picked off first and got in a run down. Eventually he was tagged out at first and ran through the pitcher who was standing in the baseline. The idiot umpire tossed him out of the game. Brit was so distraught, not for being thrown out but because he felt like he let his team down."

I loved that.

So today, Britt's physical therapist introduced him to this new contraption, kind of like a steering wheel, and it helps him learn to grip. She turned the fan on so it was blowing in his face, and they pretended to start driving. She was like, alright Britt, you're driving the cooker, we got the windows down, wind blowing in your hair, your girl on your side, and a little bit of florida-georgia florida line on the radio. We are loving life. And he just turn his head and gives this smug grin, and everyone started dying laughing, he was kind of shaking his head like "yeah, that's right baby...i'm the man."

I LOVE THIS KID.

I love that his quirkiness and personality is coming back. It is the greatest thing in the world.

Another thing. So they were working on getting him to kick and lift his left leg over his body (helps him roll over), and he was just in a lot of pain, kind of doing that crying thing he does. And his therapist was like Britt, 16 year old boys don't cry...do they? And he started shaking his head, no. And then he said, alright Britt, a couple more...so he did a couple more, and then the therapist said okay how many more Britt. He holds up the number one, clear as day. It was hilarious.

5 comments:

  1. Autumn--I saw this article on FB the other day and immediately thought of Britton...and how blessed he is to have the amazing family he does. I thought you might find the article interesting. I don't know your family personally, but admire you all so much!
    Britton IS one blessed boy!

    http://www.youngcons.com/man-awakens-12-years-vegetative-state-says-will-blow-mind/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your blog, Autumn. I suffered a TBI nearly 7 years ago from a horse accident. Whatever happened occurred in a closed round pen, but nobody saw the accident, so nobody knows what really happened. (And the horse isn't saying). My daughter found me on the ground bleeding from both nostrils, but there was no indication that I got kicked. An MRI revealed shearing and bleeding. Thankfully, my injuries were much less severe than Britt's, though the doctors did tell my wife early on that she "would be lucky" if I were ever able to take care of my basic needs again. From my perspective, I started to become aware of my surroundings in the hospital nearly a week after it happened. I learned a new word from all this. Somnolent = "Wants to sleep all the time." To me, it felt like I was waking up from a long dream. I can't help but wonder if Britt is feeling some of the same things as he becomes increasingly aware of the physical world around him.

    I was miraculously able to go back to work about two months after the accident. The only lingering difficulty that, right or wrong, I trace back to the TBI is that I don't seem to be able to type as well as I used to -- not that I was never that great in the first place! Writing by hand seems more difficult, although I wonder if that's because we do so little of it in our modern society (as I sit here dictating to my iPad). And spoken words don't seem to come out quite as fluidly as they did before, though I can still speak Chinese! I am currently in the process of an auditioning to become a Guest Organist on Temple Square (think noon recitals). How's that for recovery?

    You are so right that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I testify of this, and I testify that the power of the priesthood is real! Our family has been greatly blessed. I know your family has also, and that you will continue to receive many blessings. I have joined my voice with so many others in praying for Britt and your family. Britt, though it may take a while, I pray that you will enjoy a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried to post comments and they for some reason have not gone through! So I am trying again and maybe this one will! Just wanted to tell you that we dont know your family either...My husband and I met your parents once at the hospital when we were visiting the Hunt family there. I just wanted you to know that I read your blog every day and admire the strength of your entire family. I love the pictures, videos and feeling uplifted after reading your posts. Your faith and perspective are incredible. We have been praying for Britton too and its wonderful to see how the Lord can bring miracles and blessings to so many people through one sweet little boy who probably doesn't even know what an impact he has made. We all wouldn't be so blessed though without you taking the time to keep this blog and share his story, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete