Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Anything is Possible

Good evening folks! Ya know, i keep thinking that someday i'm going to run out of things to talk about. BUT NOT TODAY.

So I just got home from salt lake, where i've been for the past 3 days...and let me just tell you, I was like pedal to the metal all the way home because i've missed Britt and my family so much. When i walked into his hospital room i think my smile was so big that it probably looked a little creepy. My heart was so happy to see my sweet boy. I walked in and he was chilling like a villain in his basketball shorts and t shirt with his hair combed looking so handsome. My dad immediately insisted on showing me all the new tricks Britt had learned while i was gone. hahah tricks, like a little dog or something. So they showed me. He has now mastered the i love you sign, he can lift his head up all by himself, he can pucker his lips and do a kiss face, he can hold up a number one, and bend his knees on command, and he has started to nod "yes". It was so fun to see all the new things he had learned in  just 3 short days. What a stud right? Is it sad that i was hoping and praying that he wouldn't wake up while i was gone, haha, I just didn't want to miss anything of that magnitude. But now i give you full permission to do whatever the heck you want Britt. theres just something about being here with him. It feels just peaceful and right. On my way home, i was thinking about the last time I had been making that drive. It was November 1. 2014. As I drove all the feelings from the day fled back to me. It was all kind of a blur. Driving back to St. George, not knowing if my brother would live or not long enough for me to see him one last time. When we were driving that day, my coach and i were left speechless at the sunset that night. I remember I was feeling so scared, and she was just talking away trying to distract me from thinking about it all. We watched the sunset and talked about how beautiful it was. I just remember feeling so at peace after that. Watching the sunset and thinking to myself. The man upstairs has got this under control, and it is going to be just fine. I watched the sunset tonight as I drove, and thought the same thing. But there was so much love and gratitude in my heart. Because it has been about 73 days and my brother is still here. The lord has blessed me and my family, and my brother beyond extent. I remember those first few weeks, going to bed every night not knowing if there would be a next morning with our boy. It was the absolute worst thing in the world. It made it nearly impossible to sleep. Now we go to bed, and wake up with smiles on our faces because it is another day, the sun came up, and Britt has the opportunity to move forward. There will be no more backwards, I believe that to be true. unless some dang bacteria and bug decide to hit again. I think it will be all uphill from here. That boy is on a mission and getting better every single day. I am absolutely blown away by the progress he has made this past week. It's like he just shot up out of nowhere. My Britt is back, he is in there. I feel like for awhile, he was somewhere else. Somewhere really really good, and peaceful and perfect. With 2 perfect beings, and probably many more. I believe he was in their care for awhile, and being taught some pretty cool things while being there. I think he is back though. Does that sound weird? I don't really know how to put it into words the right way. But I feel like my little brother, is back in his own body, because he is now able to tolerate the pain and everything that should come his way from here on out. That is a good feeling. That means he is even closer to waking up.

Tonight, my mom had a breakdown moment. Those happen sometimes. Not as much as they used to, but every once in awhile. She was feeling a little bit broken and hurt for my little brother. I think one of his coaches visited today, and it had to do with football. Something about how he was going to be a great safety and corner, and how he had finally gained the confidence that he was good enough and fast enough to do well in those positions.

I just had to say, mom. If Britton wants to play safety and corner...he will.

I really do believe that it is possible. Anything is. Especially with Britt.

So this is kind of a funny experience, and I don't know how relevant it is but I thought it had some significance. A couple nights ago I was driving around with a friend, and it had been so ridiculously foggy, I literally couldn't see 1 foot in front, in back, or to the sides of me. But i just kept on driving hahaha, which i probably shouldn't have because i could've hit a car, ran over a child, driven off a cliff, who knows. Let's just say our lives were endangered that night. Anyway. My friend made a comment about how its like faith, we don't know where we are going, but we just keep going. So we related it to the lord, and how we have to trust in him, and even though we can't see what is ahead or to the side of us, we have to keep moving forward and know that it will all be okay in the end.

Here is a video of the cutest little boy, who has never met Britt, but loves him as much as the rest of us. Anything is possible...he says it best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9PAk2mRMng&feature=youtu.be

You are all amazing. Thank you for being so sweet, always. I can't believe how many messages, emails, phone calls i receive every day from you expressing your love, support, and belief in our Britt.

5 comments:

  1. So, today at work I was pondering on your trip to SLC and how you had to leave Britt. I was wondering if he knew you were gone or if he was just waiting for you to come see him. It made me think of a boy I knew who was autistic and unable to communicate without signing. The family would give each person this boy knew a sign so he could ask for them. I had fish tanks at my house, so this boy would make the sign for fish when he wanted to come to my house. I was thinking that maybe you should give your name a sign so Britt could ask for you if he wanted you with him. It was just a thought I had today...still praying here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking how we can help and I know lots of prayers. My son Preston played ball with Britt and your dad was his football coach when we lived in St. George. Some of our boys here in the Vernal also played ball with your brother. We want to help! How would I get some wrist bands to sell to help you guys? many of us really want to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn,
    You are very right about Britt sometimes not being "in there". I have read over the years two books that may interest you and your family. "The Message" written by Lance Richardson. On Christmas day 1998 he was in an accident. He caught an illness in the hospital and He was in a coma for two months. He remembers a Lot of what happened to him in that state and his goings and comings back and forth from the spirit world and back to his body. It is a short read 150 pages or so. Incredible experiences You may enjoy reading as a family. "Heaven is for Real" a book about a young boy who also had similar experiences. It was recently made into a movie. We are all Praying for Britt here on Greenridge Avenue in Payson. Way to go Britt on your new accomplishments. It is exciting to see the progress.
    Heidi Olsen and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autty,
    Last week when I was there and talking to him before you got there, I said, "so Britt, you been hanging out on the other side a little bit?" He gave me a thumbs up. ;) then I said, "well, we're glad you came back and joined us!!" Love that kid!

    And that video......oooh so priceless.. "anything is possible! I love baseball..." so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete