Sunday, January 4, 2015

God is Good

What a great day!

Let me just say, God is good. Oh so good.

Britt has been struggling recently with his residuals...which is the out take of his tube feeds. They pull it out of his belly every couple of times a day to make sure and measure how much is being processed and if his body is breaking it down properly. The past couple of days they have been really high, and they couldn't figure out why. With that it is a lot easier for his to throw up, and then there is the chance of aspiration. Today they have been perfect. No problems at all!

Britt did so good today with responding to commands, better than we have ever seen him. He was doing it all. Wiggling his toes, raising his eyebrow, squeezing hands, waving goodbye, thumbs up, all of it! Two of his good friends int he ward brought over the sacrament for my dad today, Dillon started talking to him asking him to do some things, and he was moving all over the place. My mom was crying she couldn't believe it, and my dad snapped this picture of all of them giving thumbs up. HOW COOL IS THAT!?

There were a couple times today where we were asking him to do things, and talking to him about who was here to see him and he did the crying/sad thing that he does. It sounds and looks just like he's crying, but no tears. Personally, I think he was doing it because he is just frustrated with not being able to say and do what he wants. I know he is trying so so hard and I think it just gets to him because he physically isn't able to. Which I don't blame him! Poor guy, such a champ. He's doing so well. Improving each day, and I feel like he is becoming more awake and aware with each day too! We are so very lucky, these circumstances are only looking up. We have amazing friends, neighbors, and community that continue to believe in our Britt and show support for our family like you wouldn't believe. 

God is good. 


15 comments:

  1. I don't personally know Britt or your family but I check in on him everyday. My cousin shared your blog on Facebook one day and I was so impressed with your families positive outlook and your spiritual insight to Britt's accident. You have helped me look at the bumps in my road with a different attitude. Praying for Britt and your family.
    By the way Britt's face looks so much more relaxed today. I can't wait to see him smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm a follower from salt lake. I'm so glad to see that Britton is improving! I check every day to see how he's doing. He's going to open those eyes soon! And when he does you just might have to celebrate thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years all over again just for the fun of it! I pray for you guys every night and am thankful that you have let us follow your journey of faith. You are amazing! Keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know your family personally, but we moved to Santa Clara earlier this year and I have been so impressed with the way the community has rallied around Britton and your family. It has been wonderful to read your blog and follow Britton's progress, along with the incredible faith of you and your family. I am amazed by everything Britton can do, even though he is not fully "awake." He's going to be back with you soon! I know you have received many anonymous gifts. The beauty of anonymous giving is that the giver doesn't need credit for it--but even better is that it helps the receiver feel love for EVERYONE around them....because maybe, just maybe, "that person" was the giver. You are giving a special gift to all those who care for, and are praying for Britton. You are also providing a wonderful service to your family by updating this blog daily. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, while reading through your posts on your blog and Instagram I recently came across, I couldn't help but completely feel for you. Two years ago my little brother had a brain tumor removed and he was in similar condition as your brother is now. It is an unexplainable experience to watch a sibling in that condition. You seem to have a wonderful family, as I do, but it is something no one will ever understand. my little brother is currently still not walking by himself and gets frustrated on an hourly basis, but he is still the same boy I grew up with. His mind is all there and his sense of humor still sharp. Keep praying for your sweet brother, and I will keep him in my prayers. There is always hope for the future. Thank you for your inspiring posts you are very sweet. Xoxo, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is working on your amazing brother every day. Can't wait to check this blog one day soon & read that he's AWAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like this is the year of the awakening for Britton .So nice to hear the good news . DIANE from Co

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is working so hard, so happy to see his progress!!!!!! Britt has touched so many lives, yesterday in Church we had a lesson on Sacrifice. As I was giving the lesson Britt's Story came to mind and I had to share with the Class. Britt's Fight is inspiring people all over the Country, many thoughts and prayers from Gilbert, AZ!!! Glad to see Dixie High School Athletics in the House, DHS Grad 1993.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know your family personally, but do follow your progress. Thumbs up Britt, you are on your way!!!! My grandson attends Hurricane High School and I know all of the schools are following your healing and recovery. God Bless your family and give them comfort, strength and love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's exactly what I was thinking, the last time I saw a video of him. Was it when he was holding his head up? I think it was. But yeah, I just felt like his face looked "frustrated". Like he wanted to be awake and open his eyes but he just couldn't! I wonder if it's because he's doing so much healing, so quickly that it would be overwhelming? Y'know how babies do their growing while they sleep? Maybe that's what Britt's doing? Getting most of his healing done before he wakes up?? I don't know....just some thoughts I've had.

    They picture is so freaking awesome. What a great day!!! God really is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, I'm a follower from Southern California and check your blog everyday. Your family's story and faith strengthens me a lot. I keep your family and Britton in my prayers each day. I'm very grateful for your example of faith and I know that God is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son was in a long boarding accident 7 years ago, and Britt's story is so similar to his. Reading about Britt's sad face brought tears to my eyes. Once my son started doing that, it wasn't very long at all until he "woke up." I know every TBI is different, but I am praying and hoping that it won't be much longer for Britt!! You are an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Britton is the Coolest Ever. he will always Amaze me!! he Rocks out Loud!!!

    ReplyDelete