Thursday, January 8, 2015

King Bee


The good days just keep rollin!

(knock on wood)

Today was so awesome. For so many reasons. I walk in the room and see my brother dressed in his own clothes. Pajama pants and a t shirt. Sitting in his wheel chair.

I immediately just started bawling. I dont know why really. He just looked so handsome. So peacful. So innocent. And so, Britt. He looked just like Britt. And I love that. He didnt look like a hurt and sick boy in a hospital bed, wearing a gown. He looked like my healthy strong little brother again, for really the first time. I cant explain it really. But it was a really good feeling.

He was so responsive today. Giving thumbs up, answering yes to questions. We even saw him crack a smile when his friends told us that he orders a bowl of whipped cream at denny's and that's it. He totally started smiling, because we were all laughing and making fun of him. Me and my mom were singing his favorite youtube video to him. "Guy on a Buffalo", and we think we saw a smile. hahaha it was so cute.

HE IS SO CUTE.

We took him outside again and he LOVED it. Once again, the bees came. My mom remained civilized this time, dont worry.

Last night my soccer coach texted me an article on Bees, and their symbolism and significance. When he isn't coaching or being a lawyer, he is bee keeping. So he knows all about Bees. Any way, it is the coolest thing!! Bees arent supposed to be out during the winter time, so it is strange that they keep coming. But the Bee really is so cool. It defies the different laws of physics and science, by being able to fly even though its wings are too small. Anyway, there is a lot to it, but bees are symbolic of love, family, growth and nurturing. Especially family units and teamwork. You can go google it if you want to know why! So we have decided that Britt is our "King Bee", and we are his worker bees. I think there is a reason those dang bees keep coming around.

We are so proud of Britt and the progress he is making. He is getting better with each day and it is so exciting to see him succeed and take steps towards waking up and recovery. Everyday I am still in complete awe of the strength he has, and the sweet spirit that he exudes no matter the circumstance.

The infections and bacteria are no longer really an issue. We just have to be super careful because they are still not completely gone from his system, and it is something we don't want coming back, so precautions will continue to hold until the full 6 weeks is over!!

Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your comments. Thank you for your love and support for my family and brother. Thank you for your selfless service and sincerity. We love you, and are so grateful for you.




Here is that Youtube video. Its our all time favorite. We knew every word and would walk around the house all day singing it haha.





18 comments:

  1. I check this blog every day, anxiously awaiting for you to announce that Britt has opened his eyes :) His story is so touching. As a Mom of 5, seeing the picture of Britt with his Mom is so beautiful. I am so happy to see all of the improvements he has made and the strength he has. Britt and your entire family are in my prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bee also symbolizes industrious, hard work...maybe they were sent to be Britt's mascot as he works harder than he ever has...just a thought. following your family, you inspire me with your testimony of faith and love. i pray for strength, peace and an extra measure of the spirit for each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like many other people. I am a stranger that checks your blog every night before bed. I am in awe at you as a sister and a person. Your amazing! Cheering and praying for Britt! What a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand your comment about seeing him dressed and you just start crying. I was the same way the morning of my brothers mission farewell. When he walked downstairs in a suit, that was it, I lost it. Britt is looking so great and so healthy. We will continue to pray for great days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time I've been on the blog. I saw it on Instagram today. I am moved by this blog. It is so positive and uplifting. I believe God is so pleased with your families efforts. There is so much faith that it's inspiring. I too will be adding prayers for that special member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks so handsome. This is so exciting! Not sure where the link to the video is, and I'm assuming it's the "guy on a buffalo"- right? It's been a family fav. of ours for a few years too! Have a great day, can hardly wait to hear all of the good things developing!

      Delete
  6. He looks SO great! I love that he was dressed ready to take on the day!! Go Britt! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers hugs & support for Britt and his Bee- keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. one day a guy on a buffalo was cruising around through the forest he saw a bear and he thought to himself oh man I got to get away from the bear I hope you don't chase.....oh yup he's going to chase me....guess I'll just turn around and chase him back cause guess what......I'm on a buffalo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh those videos.... Bahaha!!! They were like a train wreck. I couldn't stop looking. Soooo funny and soooo dumb!!!

    What a great couple of days Britt has had!! Improvements every day. That's all we can ask for! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister has been sharing this on her FB page since the beginning, and I have been following along, reading, praying, crying and feeling for your sweet family. As a mother, I cannot imagine how this has affected your family. I can see how much love you all have for each other, and strength! I cannot wait for the day that I read your blog to see that he has finally opened his eyes! God bless all of you, and much love to your family! PS. so cool about the bees, I had no idea! Keep shining! And Go BRITT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photo of your mom and Britt made my eyes tear up. Such a loving, sincere photo. I loved the bee story as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a mother to 6 kids, the photo of your Mom and Britt is so extremely precious. It shows the true bond a mother has for her child. I love reading your blog everyday to see the progress he is making. I love that you are his best friend, you are such a light and great example to your family as well. Our Heavenly Father is a loving heavenly father, he has BIG plans in store for Britt. Thank you for writing everyday for the world to read. You have an amazing talent. We will continue to pray for your whole family!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad I ran into you today. I have wanted to thank you for writing this blog. You have really strengthened my testimony. I am sorry you and your family are going through this trial. But you have shown so much grace through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a life changing experience for you guys! You are handling it so beautifully. Thanks for sharing the journey with us!! These photos are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a sweetheart to keep this blog for your brother! I just stumbled upon it and am so touched by the Miracles in his journey. Praying for his recovery!!

    Random... I noticed the Utah fan apparel your family has worn. By any chance was Britton named after former Ute Britton Johnsen?

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I found Dr. OSOFO I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another man. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr. OSOFO through his website and He told me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my girlfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. OSOFO helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. OSOFO to anyone in need of help. Email:                            (osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349065749952   

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete