Saturday, November 22, 2014

3 Weeks



Three weeks today!! Holy cow. Looking back from day 1 to day 21, Britt sure has come such a long way, and he looks so good. My dad has been taking pictures of him each day to see the changes, and let me tell you what, it is amazing to see the progress he has made in his appearance alone! Someday I will share them with you all!

We have got a wiggle worm on our hands folks. Britt has been a busy boy today, moving all around. I was talking to him holding his hand, when he started moving his little mouth all around and he brought both of his arms up by his neck, then started lifting his head off the bed like he was going to sit up or something. It kinda freaked me out. actually it really freaked me out. So I had my mom go get the nurse, because i literally thought he was going to fall out of the bed, or pull his trach out...so the nurse came in and got him repositioned. He has been wiggling his toes and moving his legs a little bit today too! It is so fun to see him do all these little things, it gets us so excited! My favorite thing is when he yawns. He just started doing it the last couple of days! IT IS SO CUTE. This big giant, sideways yawn, for about 10 seconds. I mean, you've only been sleeping for 21 days Britt, theres no way you're tired.

Everything is looking good so far today! His sodium and carbon dioxide levels both look really good, and the swelling/fluid is draining well. We still haven't gotten word on the exact day and time for the surgery. They are thinking tomorrow! I will let you all know though for sure, when we find out.

Todays agenda: watch football and the occasional HGTV when Britt isn't looking haha, read books, talk his ear off, laugh at my mom for wearing one of those swine flu masks, and hope that maybe today is the day he wakes up;)

Thank you for the continuous prayers, thoughts, acts of service. We are one lucky family to have so many people believing and caring for our Britt. A sweet nurse from the ICU gave us a book to read, and as my mom and I were reading from this book "Making it Though the Middle" by Emily Freeman, one page really stood out to us and reminded us of all of you. Our Angels.

Here is an excerpt from the chapter:

"I believe angels are real. I know they are--because in moments of discouragement and doubt, when I haven't had the strength to put one foot in front of the other, the Lord has sent angels to bear me up and strengthen me. To help lift the heavy load I could never have carried on my own. I don't know what your circumstances are today. Perhaps you are in desperate need of heavens help. If so I pray that the Lord will give His angels charge over you. But even more importantly, I pray that He will open your eyes to recognize the angels that He sends. For angels come in different shapes and sizes, bearing up comes in ways we might not anticipate." 

It is proceeded by a quote from Jeffery R. Holland, "When we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are form the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with--here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods"

Pretty cool right? This is totally talking about YOU!! Thank you. Thank you for being our angels, for bearing us up, for being here for us now, when we need you most.


4 comments:

  1. We have never officially met your family but feel we know you through your blog! We saw your sweet boys story on the news and it caught my eye because we have a Britton that will turn 16 in December. We pray for you daily and wait on the edge of our seats for his daily miracles!! Also I went to the Logan temple and put his name in ther so lots of prayers from north Logan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leisa, that is so awesome! Britton's are the best;) But thank you so so much from me and my entire famile, it means the world! We appreciate it more than you know!

      Delete
  2. Such great news, I look forward everyday to seeing your blog.What a strong family you are .i pray with all my heart that britt will wake up and see you all. How much love you all have it is so inspiring .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hthinking of Britt, hope his surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete