Friday, November 14, 2014

Safe and Sound


Another day with our boy! How lucky are we? There isn't much that you don't already know, things are staying the same for the most part. But as long as we aren't going backwards, we are perfectly happy. His ICP is a little bit higher today, not too much, but a little bit. However, his heart rate has been pretty high today, so they have had to give him some medications to try and maintain a good number. At one point, we were sitting with him and his heart rate just shot up out of no where, REALLY high, like 140, and it was pretty scary. To be honest, I think my heart rate shot up to about 500. His lungs are still looking good and sounding good. Still not much of reaction from his eyes. They have taken the sedation off completely, at least for now, and they took away his pain medication and are now giving him something that is a much lower dose. They are slowly starting to ween him off of things, to see how his body reacts and deals with it on its own. He is stressing us out today, let's put it that way!! I'm going to start needing his medications more than him if he keeps this up;)

We continue to be visited my so many friends and family, and we are so very thankful.

I've been thinking a lot lately about where my brother is at. Clearly, he is here, laying in this hospital bed...but where is he really? And a lot of questions come to my mind. I mean, it's hard to know, I don't know if we really are able to know. You see all the movies about people who are in the hospital, and they're spirits are either running around watching everything go on, or they are having outer body experiences, so many scenarios. So i've asked myself the question, where is Britt right now? Is he just asleep inside his own body, is he watching us talk his ear off and massage his arms and legs constantly from his room, is he in the care of our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ? I've wondered, and I want to know so badly...and I think I do. Or at least have a pretty good idea. Last week, a couple days after this had happened, my dad was visited by a man from Beaver, who he had never met. This man had made the drive to come down and talk to my dad because he felt impressed that he was wondering and worrying about where his son was. This man had been in a similar accident when he was younger. He told my dad that when he was in a coma, he went to the most perfect place, most likely heaven, and that the savior was just holding him, and he had never felt so loved in his entire life. He said that it was so beautiful, and perfect, and he was so incredibly happy. He said that he wanted to stay, but the Lord told him that it wasn't his time yet, and he needed to go back so that he could raise his sons along with his wife, and see them go on their missions. He told my dad that he was so close to the veil that if he leaned back even a little bit, he would fall back into earth, and into his body. He said as he would lean he could already feel the terrible pain, that his body was experiencing from the trauma it was in, but he went back. He wanted my dad to know, that my brother was in a good place, and that he was probably in the presence of the Father, feeling that same love as he did long ago. After sharing that story with my dad, he headed back to Beaver. It meant so much to my dad that a stranger, would drive 3 hours to share that story with him, it was an answer to his prayers, and mine as well. We also were told by a friend, of a very spiritual experience that she had.  It's pretty personal so I wont go into much detail, but she had the impression that the veil was very thin, for my brother. And that the lord had him in his arms, and was holding him and protecting him, because it would have been unbearable for my brother to deal with the pain and trauma that his body was going through, he would not have been able to live if he had to deal with that and feel it all on his own. So he was being taken care of until his body was healed enough for him to return to it. How incredible is that? When i heard that story the spirit was so strong, i could not help but cry and feel overwhelmed with so much comfort and love. My prayers had been answered, I no longer had to worry about where my little brother was or if he was okay. I know he is right where he needs to be. And what better place to be? It is so cool for me to think that my little brother might be talking with the Savior right now, that he could be holding him tight this very second, that he is so safe...and so sound.






11 comments:

  1. Autumn, at a time where we should be comforting you and your family, you are comforting us! Praying for Britt and your family. Love Ya, The Langstons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are comforting us ore than you know!! but thank you ang, we love you guys too:)

      Delete
  2. Pretty much, I should not wear makeup until that boy is up and running races because everyday you write, I'm in tears. And today especially. ; ) ;) he's being cared for, and you are feeling it, too. Love you autty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like that one;)haha thought you would!! love you denise!

      Delete
  3. Autumn,
    There is a very interesting book called "Gaze into Heaven" that you might find helpful with some of your questions. It's a compilation of near death accounts from early (lots of pioneer) LDS church members. It's helped to answer some of the questions I've had and given me lots of comfort this last year. We are praying for your family and wish you all the best! And thanks for the updates!
    Love,
    Jen Bergen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! Thank you for sharing that with me, I will have to find a copy:) Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers, we love you guys!

      Delete
  4. Autumn. I absolutely admire your strength , faith and peace you share with everyone. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you annette! You are so sweet! We appreciate the prayers more than you know:)

      Delete
  5. You don't know me but I posted earlier about our son having a similar experience after his mission but before he was married. Recently out of the blue his 3 year old son said to his wife: "Remember when dad fell off his skateboard and hurt his head?" She said yes, then he said "and grandma was at the hospital and you were there too?" and she said yes and he said "I was there too and Jesus too". You don't know who is in that room with you! This happened years before this little boy was even born. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep the faith, everyday holds the possibility of a miracle, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that is so amazing, and inspiring. thank you so much jill for sharing that with me. it means a lot that you are willing to share such a personal story with me:) so awesome, thank you so much for everything:)

      Delete
  6. I know this post is old but I just wanted to thank you for sharing it. My sister just had her baby boy at 24.5 weeks pregnant so he is currently struggling to survive in the NICU. I can't tell you how much peace the story about the man from beaver brings to our family! The faith you have shown throughout your family's struggles also brings us hope of finding the same peace, no matter the outcome! Thank you for sharing your faith and hope with all of us!

    ReplyDelete