Thursday, November 6, 2014

Food for Thought

I've learned a lot through this whole thing, but something stuck out today.

Given, these are less than fortunate circumstances. But. If there is anything good that has come from this situation, it is the concept of love and support. 

Whether or not you are family, or friend. Coach, or teammate. Neighbor, or stranger. This community has been absolutely incredible to my family. And it just goes to show that we live in such a special place and are surrounded by such special people. I dare say that no where else in this entire world has got what we have. 

The Pineview football team just made an appearance, and what sweet boys they are. I really think that what one of them had to say was spot on:

"We know that this is a very tragic event. But, because of the strength Britton and the Shipp family are displaying it is drawing our school, our team, and community tighter together as a whole. Britton is making everyone realize that no matter where we live, that we, as human beings can all pull together to help another in need. Even though football is a central part to how we know Britton, this event proves that there are more important things in this life. We are blessed to have known such a great kid like Britton before this injury, and we pray and know that he will be a stronger kid when he returns home." 

After reading a letter from our dear KJ Harrison's mother, Brooke, I would have to agree with something she said. A lot of this phenomenal support reflects on both my mom and dad. I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING PARENTS IN THE WORLD. Every day i ask myself how i got so lucky. but truly. They are special people. For so many different reasons. They have done A LOT for A LOT of different people. They would never say so, and they would put me in time out if they knew i was writing this right now. but i am here to say it for them. and i know you all agree. 

Once again, our gratitude towards all of you is impossible to express. Just know, from the bottom of our hearts, we are so, SO, appreciative. 


From Mosiah 2:17
 17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellowbeings ye are only in the service of your God.

3 comments:

  1. Autumn
    You do have wonderful parents! And they are so lucky to have such an amazing daughter. My husband isn't on Facebook or anything so he asked me to make sure your dad knew that we are praying for all of your family and thinking about all of you constantly. My husband always comes home from football saying what a great man your dad is. Thank you for keeping everyone updated.
    Tiffany Pendleton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany, i do, it is so true! But i will make sure to let them know, although I'm sure they already do:) Thank you for being so great to my parents and our family, we appreciate it so much!

      Delete
  2. I love reading this Autumn. Stay positive girl, it truly is beautiful to see. Our family is praying for yours right now, for a speedy, complete recovery for Brit, and for peace and comfort for the rest of you. I love you guys! Stay strong. P.s. If you eat in the cafeteria, don't miss the ice cream (frozen yogurt) machine over in the corner. I know your dad will enjoy it :)
    Stacey Porter

    ReplyDelete