Monday, November 10, 2014

Boots with the Fur

Last night Britton's nurse came in with a pair of the ICU's version of glorified UGG boots, and said they were trying to get him up to date with the latest winter fashions. It was funny. They are these weird furry boots that are supposed to help him with extension things in his feet.

So last night, me and my mom were singing that song by Flo Rida..."Britty had the apple bottom jeans....jeans....boots with the fur, WITH THE FUR!" haha


So today they clamped the drain, that is helping drain fluid from the brain, because they want to see if britt's brain can absorb the fluids by itself without the pressure inside, getting too high. So mostly they are just watching him really closely today, monitoring everything and trying to keep him stable. They will most likely take out the breathing tube tomorrow, and but in a trach. I think that is how you spell it, it is a tube that goes in your neck, and that will help him breath! It is a better long term solution and much more comfortable for him. Especially when he wakes up:) they just have to make sure he is stable enough to get him down to the operating room and do the actual operation!

He did great last night! And is doing so well, so far today! I'm so proud of that boy.

Last night he got a special visitor. Cassidy was finally well enough to come see him for a little bit. It was awesome, i have been so excited for her to come, because i know Britt has wanted to hear her voice. She has the biggest heart, and you can't help but just love her. Yesterday we were talking to one of the life flight crew members. And he just reiterated what we all already know, but he said, "If it wasn't for that girl, keeping Britton's airways clear, he wouldn't be here." So once again, miss Cassidy....we love you. and we are so very grateful for you and the things you did for our boy that day!




4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet!! Love all the updates! You're a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Aut. It just makes me smile when I get to read the updates. Brit is so blessed to have such an amazing big sis. He's remembering everything you're doing. AND, you're goin to get it when he wakes up. Oh you're definitely going to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Autumn, I went to high school with your parents (I don't know that they ever knew who I was), but I just wanted to say that your family is in my daily prayers. Since I heard about the accident-through other friends from high school-not a day has passed that I haven't thought about your brother and sent up prayers. I stumbled upon your blog through another high school friend and have loved reading every word you've written. I find myself looking forward to new entries to get updates. I can tell by the stories you share, that you are an amazing family. I was an EMT in St. George for years, my mom was a life flight nurse there as well. I always had firm belief that angels were with us in some of the worst situations. I believe they held your brother close through those scary hours. May God bless your family and hold you close through all of this! And thank you for keeping us updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Autty! I love your blog so much! You are such a talented writer! I look forward to reading it every day... I wait till we get in bed, and I read it to Lonne. We laugh and cry... Mostly cry. Your words are so tender... Then we pray together for that sweet little brother of yours. He is so lucky to have you as his big sister and role model! Love you❤️

    ReplyDelete