Friday, November 7, 2014

Say it, Show it, Let Them Know It

Its crazy that in a split second, everything that you have going on in your crazy, busy life suddenly is irrelevant. That the ONLY thing in your little world that matters to you anymore is your family, and of course your faith.

These past few days i've been able to reflect on that.

You see and hear about things like this happening to people all the time. And your heart breaks for them, and you hope and pray that you never have to go through it. And you never think it will happen to you.

That's what I thought. It hadn't ever crossed my mind that me and my family might someday end up in this situation. That my little brother would be fighting for his life. But here we are! And somehow, some way, you get through it. Day by day.

Of course Britton didn't deserve this, of course this shouldn't have had to happen to him. But not once have i questioned, or asked why? Why him? Why us?

Through several experiences I have learned that you cannot question God and you cannot question his plan. Because what greater of a plan can exist? His is perfect. Flawless. Eternal. This wasn't my plan, for Britt to have to go through this, it wasn't my moms, or my dads. It was Heavenly Fathers though, and we must trust that he knows what is best for our sweet boy. And i do. I do full heartedly believe that. It brings me so much peace and comfort to know that, NO MATTER the outcome, his plan is perfect. And Britton agreed to ALL of it, every single last bit of it, before he ever came to earth.

How cool is that? That my little brother took upon himself this trail, and said "hey, I will do that."

And my family agreed to help him through it, to be there for him every second of every day. To be strong for him. To have confidence in him. And to exercise our faith, through him.

Obviously, the vail clouds our memories of that. But we must not forget. We agreed to this. He wanted to do this. WHAT A STUD.

So, take this to heart.

Go tell your mom you love her, tell your dad, your brothers your sisters. If you love someone, tell them. Make sure they know. And make sure they know every single day. Don't just assume they know. TELL THEM. SHOW THEM.

You never know how long you will have them in your life. And i promise you don't want any regrets. wondering, the what ifs? Don't wait for something to slap you in the face and make you realize your priorities. Cherish your family. Spend time with them. Get to know them. Defend them. Love them more deeply than you ever have before. Because you're able to:)

12 comments:

  1. Simply amazing Autumn. While we pray with all our hearts for your family's peace, comfort and Britton's healing, you manage to selflessly lift so many families up with your testimony and faith. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lauren, you are so kind. I'm glad you are enjoying it:) Thank you for the prayers! we are so grateful.

      Delete
  2. This is my third attempt at making this comment and I'm hoping they don't all show up eventually because I'll feel really lame.

    I haven't read this post yet but I want to give a shout-out to my community of Stansbury Park. Stansbury High School is hosting Dixie High tonight at a state playoff football game. The SHS football players are going through the stands collecting money for Britton. The "believe 4 Britton" movement had reached the ends of the earth and I'm so grateful to live in a community that also Believes For Britton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Autumn! You have shown us such strength! I think so many of us needed this post today! We all need reminding of the perfect lives we lived with the perfect Master we have. We are friends of your aunts and more, we have and will continue to pray for Britton and all the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn, your faith and your testimony are astounding. What an incredible girl you are. Thank you for sharing. You are such a great example to us all. And you're absolutely right. About all of this.

    And by the way, Dixie beat Stansbury. Waaaaaaaah!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, that means so much, you are so sweet! But it isn't me, its my brother...im just the one with the computer;) thank you again for all the thoughts and prayers!

      Delete
  5. You are incredible Autumn. Incredible. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and faith. sending prayers and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makenna, thank you so much! you are so sweet. We appreciate the thoughts and prayers more than you know!:)

      Delete
  6. Wow! You knocked another one out of the park. It was simply amazing to see you guys today. When you're going through such a trial as this, how simple to get caught up in the "why me" web. Your family is amazing, truly amazing. I remember when I first met your dad, waaaay back. He had just started working for Greg Ence. I have been in St. George my whole life, and he had only been here a year or so I think, and I swear he already knew more people than I did. What an outgoing, loveable man, and one of my greatest friends. It was crazy how at a time like this the first words out of his and your dear mothers mouths, were as to how my family was doing. Your family is truly selfless. What a great quality to have. I sure love you all. Your going to get through this, and I feel confident Brit will be there when it's all said and done. Hang in there girl ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey, you are so thoughtful, thank you so much! And yes, i do have a pretty amazing dad! he is so lucky to have great friends like you in his life:) thank you for all you do for him and our family! it means so much!

      Delete
  7. That is beautiful and so very true...I can't even imagine what your family is going through but just looking at Facebook you all have amazing support!! Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt updates....so many people are praying and care about your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do, it is so incredible!! We are so lucky! You are so welcome, it is the least i can do for everyone who has helped my brother and our family though this! thank you:)

      Delete