Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Change In Us All

I just feel like sharing some thoughts about what I've been thinking about today. It has been such a good day for Britt, he has done so well, today was just "smooth sailin" really. He's tough as nails.

Throughout the past 2 weeks, I have received more emails, more Facebook messages, more texts, more phone calls, more letters, than I have in my entire life combined. It has been incredible, and so special to me to read these messages and words, to learn from them, to grow from them, to appreciate them, and to draw strength and comfort from them.

I KNOW, that there is such a tremendous purpose, greater than any of us realize, greater than any of us could imagine, behind all that has happened, and my brothers fight. You cant say, at least to some extent, that you have followed his journey, and have not been changed. for the better. You cant say that my brothers circumstances have not made you a better person...even if its just a littke bit! Have not brought you closer to your family. Have not helped you realize the important things in life. Have not strengthened your testimony and relationship with God. Have not made you so thankful for what you have. Have not helped you view life in a different way, realizing how truly fragile it is. Have not helped you to see and understand the affect a community can have when someone needs help, or support. You can't say, that you have followed his journey, that you  have loved him, that you have prayed for him...and have not been changed. For the better.

Each day, I hear hundreds of different accounts and stories from different people. Testifying to me that, my brother has affected them, and changed their hearts. That they are now a better person, a stronger person, a more spiritual person, a sensitive person, a more loving person...when they used to not be so much.

Who knew such a small, quiet boy... could have such a tremendous impact.

I mean, I look at myself. Never in my life have I had this strong of a testimony. Never have i felt so close to my Father in Heaven and savior Jesus Christ. Never in my life have i felt this much strength and love and gratitude. Never in  my life have I felt so compassionate and humbled. Never in my life have I felt so close to my family.

Trials. Trials suck. Trials are hard. They rip at your heart, they tear at your emotions, they have the potential to break down your faith and spirit. To break down everything that you are, everything that you love and know. No one wants them. No one asks for them. No one wants to endure them. No one deserves them. No trial is easy. But we all must face them. Every day. Some bigger than others. But trails nonetheless. It is all a part of the plan. A test. A small step towards becoming perfect, to returning back to our Father. That's what we are here to do....we are here to be tried.

There are really only two ways to face trials. You can either blame God, and blame everyone around you. Turn your back on your faith, your loved ones, your hope. Try to deal with it yourself, the best you can, and completely deteriorate little by little, because it is so unbearable. Let hate and anger override love and happiness. Never returning to what you once knew, and who you once were. OR...you can turn to God, when you are broken, letting him heal you. When your faith is wavering, letting him strengthen you. When you realize you cannot endure this alone, letting him hold you and carry you. When you turn to him in prayer, asking, pleading, knowing he hears you. When you understand the teachings and doctrines of the gospel, knowing he is a just God, a mighty God, our God. When you give him your trust, knowing his way is the perfect way. When you give him your heart, knowing he loves you. He loves you with a love so strong, so deep, so powerful, so perfect, so whole, that once you feel it, you will never want to leave it.

Which one would you choose?

It's simple really.

D&C 121:7-9 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

So I need to thank my sweet brother. Thank you Britton for changing us. For changing our hearts. For changing our lives. For changing our testimonies. All for the better. I am a better person because of you, and the fight I see you win each day. For the strength you show, for the sweet spirit you are, for the bright light you shine round about you. Keep it up little brother, you are truly an incredible boy, making an incredible impact. We won't stop loving you. We wont stop praying for you. We won't stop believing in you. Ever. 



11 comments:

  1. You leave me speechless, everyday, with every beautiful post! Along with your brother and entire family, you have inspired many too. We are right there with you...we will NEVER stop believing, praying, hoping! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Britt! YoUr Words are beautiful. Thank you for teaching me. Fight Britt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words continue to inspire rivals, strangers, friend and love ones. We don't know your family but have been touch so deeply by the outpouring of love n support. We pray for peace for everyone involved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful and well said! We love you Autumn and your family! You and your family are just so amazing and an inspiration to us all. We will continue to keep you and the family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one today! I have to remind myself that Satan will try to lead us through life with no trials to prevent us from needing to lean our faith in God. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading your blogs since day one.I am not of your faith, But do have faith in God and know what he does and what he does not do is for are own good.I am sure that God has you brother in his arms and is cradle in him til the hurt goes away.
    I have a prayer on my phone and it has help so much.
    when I fall he catches me
    When I am sad he holds m
    When I cry he wipes my tears

    When I am broken he puts me back together
    my savior.I hope this helps you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn,
    When my mom died I really began to question and was angry. It was so hard. I love your insight. I love your light of Christ. You are so right! We need to seek him and follow him. He will hold is and help us. He is there for us. I do know this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is... Amen sister!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful autumn. Every time I read your blog, my testimony grows a little more and I can feel it. Britton, as well as your families strength is blessing so many people. Fasting and prayers coming from our family to yours. We love you and are right along side you in this fight. Keep strong shipp family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tomorrow I am teaching the beehives at church about conversion. The lesson title is "How do I know I am becoming converted". You guys definitely are becoming converted! I thought as I was preparing the lesson I should look at your blog posts and see if I could use one of your posts to better describe conversion. I am a daily follower of yours. Each of your posts really does touch my heart. I am glad I went back and re-read all the blog posts. They all made me cry all over again. This one is perfect for the lesson. I know it will really touch the girls hearts. I am so thankful your willing to post these tender, heartfelt thoughts. You (and your dad!) have a way with words. I think you should go into journalism or write a book or something! The way you portray things really effects people. We are praying for Britt and your family. Be strong Britt! Again thanks for all the posts and updates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there! You don't know me, but I came across your blog and have just been blown away by your family's story. You have strengthened my testimony in so many ways. I am praying for Britton and your family to feel peace at this time and to get through this. Heavenly Father is totally aware of Britton and your family. He loves you more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete