Saturday, November 15, 2014

Two Whole Weeks


Good afternoon everyone! From mom, dad, Greyson, Ledger, myself and of course our boy Britt!! We are so very thankful for another day with him. Last night went smoothly, the nurse got him dialed in, such a relief since the day we had yesterday was a pretty stressful one! He is doing really well so far today. All of his numbers and vitals are looking good and staying stable. Not a day goes by that I don't look at my brothers sweet face and think to myself, wow. WOW.

YOU are one special boy. YOU are so strong. YOU are so faithful. YOU are so sweet. YOU are so genuine. YOU are so gifted. YOU are so handsome. YOU are so inspiring. YOU are such an example.  and I...am so lucky to be your sister.

He is changing lives. Everywhere. Everyone.

And I think he knew, that these circumstances, his circumstances, would have that affect on people.

I love seeing his little group of friends, out in the waiting area at all times of the day. AND I MEAN ALL TIMES. sometimes i wonder if they even leave. If they ever go home to change their clothes or brush their teeth, cause they are always here. and i love it. our family loves it. Britt loves it. What a lucky boy to have such good friends. friends who are just here....waiting, until he wakes up. friends who sit here on friday nights, when they could be out on the town with hot chicks or something. friends who are constantly asking me how he is doing, and telling me to let him know they love him. it's so awesome. I could sit with them all day, just listening to them talk. they are hilarious, they remind me so much of my brother. I love hearing them talk about Britt, and all their good memories and quirky things he does and says. i hope those boys and girls, know how much they are doing for our family, just simply sitting out there. more than i can say.


HOLY SMOKES. TWO WHOLE WEEKS DOWN, who knows how many more to go hahah. But can you believe it? Crazy. He has definitely made progress, and seen improvements, from when he got here to now. that's what i'm talking about. (this is when my mom would start singing that song "that's the way...uh huh, uh  huh, i like it...uh huh, uh huh" like she did every time she was watching one of his games and he would score. And then i would try to get her to be quiet because it was embarrassing the heck outta me) All of your prayers, thoughts, kind acts of service, have helped us to see two more weeks than anyone thought possible, with our boy. Thank you for believing in him..never stop!!

Today we have the football game on for him to hear, and my dad says "Hey Britt, who do you want to win today...Mississippi State or Alabama? If you want Miss State, don't move or say anything. If you want Alabama, then open your eyes and say so yourself."

he chose Mississippi State.


2 comments:

  1. Sooo sweet Autumn. I can just see your mom singing that song. I love it! Keep the updates coming:). You're AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Britt, you or your family but I know Brad and Tode Hafen so I have seen your posts.
    We are currently in Africa serving and it came to me clearly as I read your posts that Britt, you and your family are also serving your fellow man through this trial you are enduring. Trials bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior and allows family, friends and strangers to support one another in a manner set by our Savior's command to love our neighbor as ourselves. This process also gives us a greater understanding and appreciation for the atoning sacrifice of our Savior in our behalf. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Sister Barnes

    ReplyDelete