Monday, November 17, 2014

More about B

A few years back, Britton and his friend Seth, went through this phase where they loved making basketball videos and putting them on YouTube. They did all these trick shots, and dunks, and all sorts of things. They would spend ALL DAY, making one. But they are pretty sweet. I just got done watching all of them, and i can't stop laughing! Those two are too funny, always having a good time. And some of those shots are pretty sweet...not gonna lie! 

Go watch this one :

So there was this one time when Britton cracked his head and broke his arm because he "fell" off the bed. Well...you see...mom....dad....don't get mad, but i actually pushed him. OKAY, THERE I SAID IT. I pushed him off the bed and he cracked his head and broke his arm. He didn't fall. I told him if he ever tattled on me I would make him wish he was never born. SO THERE YA HAVE IT. It was me. Technically it wasn't a lie...i was just kidding about it for 13 years. I was young, and dumb and scared of getting a spanking okay?! I'm sorry Britt. But I will admit, i am very impressed with your loyalty in not ever tattling. PHEW. that felt good to get off my chest. 

We have this hoop nailed to the wall upstairs in our game room, and we would play 2 on 2 all the time. Me, greyson, ledger and britt. We would have dunk competitions, and judge each other, we would play hoop shoot and HORSE, and every other thing you could think of. My parents thought the ceiling downstairs was going to give way, because we were always going so hard in the paint up there;) I think we broke every light in there, and both fans, and there are a good amount of holes in the walls. We definitely had our fair share of injuries playing up there. A head to the wall going full speed...mhmm.

Britt has always been such a handyman. When he was little he loved to make things. He was like a little inventor. Always had scissors and duct tape in hand. He would make the funniest little contraptions out of a bunch of junk, and find a use for it. And he would take things a part, just to put them back together. 

We probably spent 99.9% of our childhood playing the nintendo 64. Oh and having Rock Sales. Yes. That is what i said....Rock Sales. Not lemonade sales, like normal children. Rock sales. And we would make BANK!!! like, a whole $2.50...EACH. We would gather up rocks we thought were "cool" and sell them. And people would buy them hahahahaha. We would make my mom take us to the rock store, i cant remember the actual name of it...but each time we would fill up a little leather pouch of rocks. Sometimes we would sell those for profit;) And the nintendo...when we would get to go to "game stop" and buy new games...it was like Christmas morning. Whoever lost had to do pushups. 






3 comments:

  1. I love you Autumn Shipp. I love your heart, your humor and your spiritual intelligence. I wish that I could push the clock forward, or peek at the last chapter and tell you how it ends. I have loved learning more about how it started, and more about you and your brave brother. Thank you for sharing yourself...I know you know that Britton is making a difference in people's lives, but I want you to know that you are doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Atumm, I am a perfect stranger and you and your brother have made a difference for me, for that I thank you.your devotion to your brother is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your daily entries is a bright spot in my day. I am so impressed with your insight and ability to articulate the roller coaster of emotions you and your family are feeling at this time of great trial. Know that your words are touching hearts and giving hope to many who are experiencing their own stormy days.

    ReplyDelete