Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Faith + Trust

Britt has been doing so well today! All of his numbers are sittin pretty right now! They aren't doing much with him today, just letting him rest. They started him on a new nutrition plan though, and will start putting that new piece of merchandise in his stomach to use!! He had a clog in the drain they put in last night, so they fixed that this morning. So we are all good now. Blessed to see another day with my sweet brother. Every day is such a miracle. He looks so good though. So handsome and so strong. Such a special boy we've got.

Through the past week and a half or so, I have noticed a few things within myself. At first, it was very easy for me to turn to my father in heaven and have faith that he would take care of my brother and help him through this. And I haven't ever strayed from that. And I never will. But, I would be lying if I said that I havent felt, scared, or upset, or frustrated, or just sorrowful. I have, felt all of those emotions through out this process. And I hate it, because they get in the way of the peace and comfort I feel from the spirit. Of course it is natural to feel those things, especially given the circumstances. And I know I am going to feel them, whether I want to or not. The reality of it is that my brother is seriously hurt. Our family is broken inside. My whole world is suddenly so fragile. But we know what it feels like to be hurting so badly that you want to give up. And we know what it feels like to be hurting so badly, but within the saviors warm embrace, never giving up. And we choose the later.

Faith. That is our motto. Without faith, we have already lost the battle. Faith is everything. Faith is powerful beyond our comprehension. "To have faith is to have confidence in something or someone. The Lord has revealed Himself and His perfect character, possessing in their fulness all the attributes of love, knowledge, justice, mercy, unchangeableness, power, and every other needful thing, so as to enable the mind of man to place confidence in Him without reservation."Our God is a God of miracles, and only through faith, can those miracles be made known unto us. It carries an assurance of the fulfillment of the things hoped for. A lack of faith leads one to despair, which comes because of iniquity. I have faith, in the lord, that he is willing and able to guide my brother through this, helping him to continue in strength, so that we can have him with us on earth for many years to come. I have never been more sure of something in my life. I also have faith in the lords plan, and his timing. Whatever his will, whether it be to keep my brother with us or not, as hard as it would be for my heart, I know that it would be what was best. I also know that it is okay for us to ask god for what WE want. But it is hard for me to deny the feelings I have felt and the things the spirit has made known unto me, telling me that my brother is going to make it, that he...is going to receive a tremendous miracle. I just feel like everything is going to be okay, and I want to hold onto that feeling forever. But there are times when I lose sight of that, and those times are hard. I will continue to go forward in faith, because that is really all we have. Faith and hope. And i thank the heavens every day that we even have that. WE HAVE HOPE. WE HAVE A CHANCE. A chance to witness miracles, a chance to turn to the lord in prayer, a chance to spend more time with my sweet brother. I know though, if me and my family continue to put all of our trust in the Lord, and keep our faith...we WILL see blessings and miracles right before our eyes. The scriptures have really brought me so much comfort lately, there are so many inspired words that lift my spirits and help me with eternal perspective. Assuring me that the Lord is capable of anything.

Here are just a few scriptures that have helped me: 

2 Corinthians 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Mathew 17:20  And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

1 Nephi 7:12  Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.

Mosiah 27:14  And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith.

Mormon 9:19-21 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
 20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust. 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.



4 comments:

  1. Aut
    Your Faith and trusting in The Lord reaches far beyond the hotel room! You amaze me! You are wiser than your years and I have always admired that! Loved the scriptures which helps remind me that he is a god of miracles and our Faith allows those miracles! Keep the Faith. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's supposed to be hospital room! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your faith. Your faith is strengthening mine. I'm recovering right now from neck surgery and still enduring wrist pain from a car accident almost 2 yrs ago. It has been hard. Especially now not being able to lift my baby or care for my family. Today I just felt like giving up. Your faith has strengthened mine today and helped me to remember to rely on the savior more and continue on in faith. I pray for your family and brother each day. Miracles do happen!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete