Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Sweet Boy


Britton Adam Shipp. I hope you know that I love you by now. I love you more than I love Charise Smith's chocolate chip cookies...and that is A LOT.

I love you enough to let you sleep in mom's bed when dad is out of town....even when it is my turn.

I love you enough to buy you christmas presents with my own money....and not moms.

I love you enough to not tell dad when you actually slept in till 1 o'clock instead of getting up early and doing chores.

I love you enough to let you wear those hideous american flag parachute pants in public.

I love you enough to let you drive my car, take it drifting, get in trouble by the cops....and not tell mom or dad about it. (until now oops)

I love you enough to let you inherit my crocks when i never actually told you that you could have them.

I love you enough to let you beat me in mario kart.

I love you enough to eat your dinner off you're plate that one time when i was like 6, and you were like 3, and you were at the table for 4 hours cause you couldn't leave until you ate it all. AND IT WAS NASTY...(sorry mom, i think you were trying a new recipe) and I ate it. I took that upon myself, and took one for the team, just for you.

Cause I love you.


You made me a big sis. My first little buddy. Remember when we were little, and NSYNC was like....OUR JAM? We worshipped them. We knew every single song by heart. Anyway, at that point...you were more of a little sister than a little brother to me because you let me dress you up and teach you dances, and then we would go outside on the front lawn and perform them for the bypassing cars. I must've brainwashed you. Let's just give you the benefit of the doubt and say i brainwashed you into all of that. I would dress you up in all of moms scarfs, and i would put clips and bows in your hair and drag you around making you play house with me. And you totally complied. Never even argued. You liked it. Don't deny it. Thanks for playing with me though. Also, can we please take a moment to remember our NSYNC and Backstreet Boys days. I mean i still love both of them....but those were the days. We played dance class. I was the teacher/choreographer, and you were the student. I would teach you all the moves, and we would spend hours in my room practicing and preparing. HAHAHAHA. I am dying remembering all of this. So funny. You were actually a really good little dancer. You had moves, i'll give it to ya. Then we would put on our costumes and go perform. We played the tapes on my little barbie boom box. I'm sorry for all the years when i just wished you were a little sister instead of brother, and for trying to make you into one. But thanks for doing it anyway, and still keeping your man card in tact. I won't bring up the times you played barbies and polly pockets with me though.

But I will admit. I am still, to this day very upset that you cut up my favorite sketchers with scissors...that was cruel. But i have found forgiveness in my heart. The second pair mom bought me were never the same....but, we all mess up in life;)

I can't wait till you wake up.

You were finally starting to give me good quality hugs, you better pick up where you left off.

Love you always sweet boy,

Aut




2 comments:

  1. I knew it!! You children of the 90s and your Boy Band routines!! I bet you were amazing! I watched Elder Fisher and Christina do the same thing!! Did you make Britt's Power Rangers be Barbie's brother too?? Big Sisters and little brothers have a bond that can only be compared to that of the bond between mother and son!! I love you Autumn! Keep the stories rolling it wipes the tears away for awhile!! Stay strong Big Sister!! Love Deni Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Autumn, this was SO tender. I've watched you kids grow up in pictures that are on your mom's mirror at her work station. I feel like I know each of you. We have such great talks when your sweet mom cuts my hair. I've been cutting it on my own for awhile - - yikes! But I had to because once your mom was at a game or 3 somewhere of all of you kids. She loves you all with all of her heart you know. I loved reading about how you covered for your little bro. SO tender. My brother did the same for me... You are all in our prayers.

    C'mon, wake up Brit. The sun is waiting to get in your eyes! ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete