Tuesday, November 11, 2014

What a Day



Britt made it through the busy day like a champ! The operations all went really well, and he is pretty stable for the time being! We are so lucky we got to spend another great day with our boy. Each day is such a blessing. Another day to hold his hand, and tell him that we love him. Just hoping tomorrow brings positive things and little miracles, just like the past 10 days have. He looks like a new man, without that tube in his mouth!! We can finally see his face, and his cute kissable lips;) and yes, they have in fact been kissed!haha I was able to get that out of him a few weeks ago. But don't tell him I told you. They also shaved the rest of his head, so he no longer looks like a tomahawk indian chief, dang it.

I was able to get a priesthood blessing today from my Papa Ron. Let me just say this. The priesthood is amazing. Absolutely amazing. I am so thankful that I have it in my life, and that i am surrounded by worthy priesthood holders who are so close to the spirit all the time. It has helped me so much already, I feel much more calm and peaceful. It is amazing what a blessing can do. And it is just a testament that there is nothing more true upon the face of the earth. I know my brother is in the best of hands. He has the most amazing nurses and doctors, who are so dang good at what they do. But most of all he has a Father in Heaven, who loves him and wants nothing but the best for him, and is also very good at what he does;) I pray every day that the doctors and nurses will have the spirit with them, guiding their hands, hearts and minds, to best take care of my brother and meet his needs.

Medicine is incredible. The doctors are incredible. The gospel is incredible, and our God...is incredible.

My mom's motto has been "slow and steady wins the race." She probably says it 20488957 times a day. So my aunt Lib sent us this picture in a text message and it gave us a good laugh...cutest little turtle I ever did see.


2 comments:

  1. Auttie, the whole Day family hopes and prays for Britton. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. - Whudda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, i know you don't know me, but we read your blog faithfully as a family. I just wanted to Thank you for your updates but most of all thank you for the amazing spirit you write it with. You are one awesome chica! Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete