Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Big Day


Today is a big day for our boy! He's got a lot goin on. He had a CT scan done early this morning, It showed them a few things. They have to drop the ICP drain back down, because his body wasn't absorbing the fluid in his brain, like they had hoped. They are going to drill a hole on the left side of his skull hoping to drain some of the blood, because the hematoma behind his left ear has actually gotten bigger. He will also be getting a tracheotomy today! A tube, in his trachea, to replace the 7mm 9 inch long tube going down his throat right now, that is helping him breathe. And last but not least, they will be putting in a peg, its like a feeding tube, in his stomach. the trach and feeding tube are both much better long term options, and will be lots more comfortable for Britt! Especially when he wakes up, because he wont have a tube down his throat and nose!! He hasn't been quite as responsive to painful stimuli the last couple of days, as he has in the past. During physical therapy today his numbers got pretty high so they had to put on a little more sedation to calm him down. The dilation of this eyes, hasn't changed much either. But things are looking good, so far today, and he's going to get through the operations like the champ we all know he is:)

Let me tell you about last night. Wow. Just wow. It was absolutely amazing. I still cannot believe that ALL of that was for my sweet brother. But he definitely deserves it. Our good friends, Tonya and Denise, along with Kalamity, Kaos, the most amazing singers around, and with the help of SO many more, put on an incredible benefit dinner, concert, and auction. I am still just so blown away that people are so charitable and service oriented. It amazes me. They raised A LOT of money for our family. That will help us so much in the future. The food was good, the auction was fun and the concert was unreal. I have never seen so much passion and heart put into dancing, and singing. And to know it was all for my Britt. I cried through the entire thing. Literally the entire thing, even the scary halloween numbers. My dad, my brothers and I were able to go and see it all. It was so great to talk with and hug so many people. Just know that without your support, kindness, and strength, we wouldn't be abel to get through this.....not at all. So thank you. It meant so much to us. Thank you for being such great people, and having such big hearts. AND THANK YOU FOR BELIEVING IN MY BRITT. we love you.







1 comment:

  1. Autumn we loved hearing from you and Jesse at the concert last night. I have been to a lot of Kalamity shows and that one was truly amazing and inspiring- even though my girls weren't dancing :(
    I wanted to pass along Kylee's love from her mission email today:
    "The news about Britton breaks my heart. I am happy to hear about the Kalamity concert for him though and I´m so glad to see a picture of them and of Autumn especially. Reading the news from Mickelle last week gave me lots of flashbacks of the time right after KJ died. Their class is going to come so close from this though. I'm sure Autumn's blog is amazing. She such an awesome girl. How are Sommer and Jesse and the family? Keep me updated please!"
    Lots of love and prayers!
    Tracy Martin

    ReplyDelete