Thursday, November 6, 2014

Another Day Another Dollar



Todays goals: Maximize nutrition, get some bowel movements going, and a little bit of passive range of motion on his arms and legs.

Days 5-7, are what the doctors refer to as neurological storming. The hardest days for the brain.

For the most part they just want to watch his numbers making sure everything is staying where they want it to be. Watching sodium levels, oxygen levels, ICP, temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, etc. Letting him rest.

They want to start getting him on a nutrition plan, to make sure he stays strong and has energy to keep truckin along. but what goes in must come out ya know;)

The doctors said his lungs are looking much better. and every thing is sitting pretty good for the time being.

The occupational therapists will be coming in a doing a few little exercises with his hands and feet, maybe a little bit of arms and legs. To maintain muscle memory. They said we get to help so I am excited.

I got to sit with him by myself for awhile this afternoon. We had a good talk. I also put on some music for him, because they said we can start letting him listen to his favorite songs.

I played country of course. some of our favorite childhood songs. Ones we would listen to as we drove out to the mountain to go camping and hunting as kids.

Troubadour- George Strait (our song remember)
She's My Kind of Rain- Tim McGraw
Cowboys Like Us- George Strait
The Cowboy in Me- Tim McGraw
The Good Stuff- Kenny Chesney

oh and of course A LITTLE MO TAB, CAN I GET A WHUT WHUT!!

I smiled and sang along with each song, holding his hand. he probably wanted to tell me to zip it and let him enjoy the song, but he can talk so he can't tell me what to do. Muahaha.

We've gotten to talk with Dr. Lewis, Mckenzie Lewis' dad (she was in a similar accident to Britt not too long ago, you all probably know of her and what she overcame) It's been awesome to listen to his wisdom. He is a doctor, but also a dad, and knows what my parents are going through. exactly. so it really helps them to talk to him, and it has given them so much strength. I hope Mckenzie knows that we think about her and what she went through every day without fail, and her story is so inspiring, proof that miracles are so possible and happen everyday. If she can do it, so can Britt!! We love you Mckenzie, and your dad!

Also, i forgot to tell you guys, but yesterday i got to talk with Kyla Pohleman, she too, suffered from a traumatic brain injury after a motorcycle accident last may. Doctors were certain she wouldn't live. But she was here yesterday, happy and beautiful as ever telling me all about it. What an amazing girl. I truly do admire her. It is so amazing to hear from people who have been through what my brother is currently going through, and to see them today, as good as new. once again. miracles are real.

Me and my dad just got done meeting with the first responder. Taylor. He had driven by about 5-10 minutes after it happened. He pulled up to the scene and saw them laying in the road, and put some blankets on him, and ran to get cell service. He ran into Breckon on his way, and Breckon had said he got the call through but lost service. Burton Bracken, a father who was helping them with the shooting activities pulled up to the scene then. Taylor hopped in his truck and drove to where they could get good reception and told them to get life flight here asap. When he got back the Pine Valley fire department had gotten there. From the time of the crash to when life flight got there, was about 40 minutes. It was good to hear from Taylor. we are so lucky he drove up when he did. Perfect timing. What a miracle. We are so grateful for him and all he did to help my brother.

ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DOLLA. so blessed, so grateful. Keep believing for our Britt.


7 comments:

  1. I check the blog throughout the day looking for new posts! I love it Aut keep it up! (I think my favorite is the throwback pictures of our cutest little brothers!!) we will keep praying for Britton & for you all, but there is no doubt in my mind he will get through this. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! thank tori! That is what it's for so im glad you are liking it:) And thank YOU for everything you have done, goodness, you are such a blessing to us. We love you:) and yes, our brothers were lots cuter when they were little huh?;)

      Delete
  2. You amaze me every day, Autumn! Will never stop believing!!! Love you, Sweet Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, it means the world, you are so great!:) we sure think highly of you and your sweet family.

      Delete
  3. I love reading your updates!!! We pray for Britt and your family everyday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! i am so glad:) and thank you so much for the prayers, we are beyond grateful!

      Delete
  4. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. 20 eur to usd

    ReplyDelete