Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving


This was a perfect day. It was a simple day though. We were at a baseball tournament for my youngest brother this past summer. We spent the whole day at the ball fields together (our favorite place to be), my dad coached my brother played, and my mom, Britton and I watched from the stands, spitting seeds, giving each other back scratches, and cheering on our little leddy. Me and britt went over to the other field and played catch with the football for awhile, then we rode Greyson's scooter around and he showed us some new tricks he had learned. We walked out to the parking lot and me and my mom talked with some friends while all the boys threw the football around. I remember looking at all my brothers that moment and thinking, "how on earth did i get so lucky. They are each growing up so fast, and into such great and special young men...i'm so proud of them." We all got together for a family pic, and even though it was spur of the moment, it is my favorite picture of all of us. Then we all watched the sunset together, it was one of the prettiest ones I had ever seen. We all piled into the car fighting over the back seat...(I won...obviously), and took off, my dad turned up the radio and we all sang along to 'fancy'. Me and Britton would sing the rapping parts, Greyson and ledger took the chorus, and my mom and dad were the back ups. I laugh so hard thinking back on it. We drove by a fair that was going on and I snapped this picture. I'm thankful for this day. Although simple, it was perfect. Cause I had all I could ever ask for right next to me; smiling and laughing. Happy thanksgiving friends! I hope you can all find millions of simple things to be thankful for today.






Today wasnt the best day for our boy, but nonetheless we are thankful that we were able to spend thanksgiving with him. There are good days, and there are not so good days...but each day is a blessing, truly. Because each day is yet another day with my sweet brother in our lives! Our hearts are so full of love and gratitude towards all of you for everything you have done for our family the past month or so. Please know we are so thankful. And please keep believing in him:)


2 comments:

  1. Really thankful for you.Must say you look just like you mum.What a blessed family you are to have such great memories. Those memories will always be yours.Thank you for your blog it is insight into your family's strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "perfect" day!! You will have lots more! Love you Shipps!

    ReplyDelete