Sunday, November 9, 2014

Quiet, Yet Powerful

So, this one time we were out hunting with my dad, and me and Britton were watching him back his truck up and put the trailer on the hitch. So we were just standing there, minding our own business, letting my dad do his thing. Which by the way, he is an excellent backer upper. But just not this one time. So he starts backing up, and there is this tree, clear as day behind him. And we thought, any sane person would see that and go around it, so we didn't really pay much attention. But then he kept on going, going, going, and me and Britt looked at each other and tried to signal him to stop, but then BAM. he hit his tailgate smack dab into the tree. and we have never laughed so hard. My dad got out of the truck and tried to play it off all cool. Which was even funnier to us. I mean we laughed for a solid hour straight. And whenever one of us brings it up, still to this day, my dad gets mad, and we just laugh. Maybe it is one of those "had to be there" moments, but i just remember how great it was to laugh with my little brother like that.

When i was probably around 6 or 7, and Britt, was 4ish. I remember this because my mom got really mad at us. But anyways, Britton had gotten hurt, and was crying, i cant remember why. So i went to the medicine cabinet and grabbed bandaids. we had 2 whole boxes. brand new. And ya know what i did with them? I stuck every single bandaid on his body. He was covered in them. Because he told me he hurt all over. I wish so badly i could just stick a bunch of bandaids on him now, and he would feel better!!

Another time i did something similar. But with stamps. I got a couple sheets of stamps, and stuck them all over him, pinning him down. My mom walked in and asked me what the heck i was doing, and i told her i didn't like him and was sending him back to where he came from.

When he was little he would go in the bathroom right after my mom would put a new role of toilet paper. He wasn't dumb either. He had it all figured out, knowing exactly when she did it. So he would grab the new roll, and run all around the house with it, streaming it everywhere. Every. Single. Time.

I have plenty more, but i will save them for another time:)

My brother has the best sense of humor. I'm going to post links to funny videos, vines, etc. every once in while if you want to find that one out for yourself:)

(watch this one) ---->  https://vine.co/v/h7hPKUXBv6p

And since it is sunday, I will share with you a story. My brother has never been one to speak his mind really, he can be pretty quiet and shy. Keeping his thoughts to himself a lot. I always knew he had a testimony, from the way he lived his life and held himself. He has always had a light about him, that shines so brightly, no words needed. But one year for youth conference, i think it might have been about 2 years ago, they went up to salt lake, to welfare square, and to visit the temple. That was the first time Britt had been to the salt lake temple. He came home and told us how beautiful it was, and how awesome it was to see the prophet wave to them from his window. In sacrament that sunday, i heard my brother bare his testimony for the first time, at least the first time that truly stuck out. Our home teacher wrote us a letter with thoughts on this very topic and i think he says it best "Just a week or two ago i was talking with another priest about the santa clara 1st ward sacrament meeting i most remember.  It was a fast and testimony meeting that was unique because it was mostly young men that got up. It wasn't planned but spontaneous and powerful. As i shared with the priest, the only testimony i remember was Britton's. He spoke of what an incredible experience it was to do baptisms in the Salt Lake temple. He told of how he felt the spirit of the temple and knew at that moment, god lives. It was moving and touched my heart then, and still now." My brother had gained a witness of the spirit, and gods love that weekend. And he testified of it. It was, as our home teacher said in his letter, very powerful. It brings me so much peace to know that my sweet brother is aware of God's love for him, he has a relationship with the savior, and works towards becoming more like him every day. I know that. and I love that.

It has been amazing to see so many people, encompassing themselves in my brother and his journey. To see prayers being offered, religious, or not. To see hearts being touched, whether you know him or not. Ive said it time and time again, he is a special boy. And I thank the heavens every single day, that I got lucky enough to be his sister.







5 comments:

  1. Just read this with my 10 year old daughter Elle. Loving your updates and our family is praying along side you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, I do not know your family personally, I have 5 girls that attend dixie high and your family has been the discussion of topic in our home lately. In one of your latest posts you talked about how close the spirit has been. I lost a sister on Mothers Day in 1992 from a car accident. We were very close. I will never forget the feeling of the spirit and peace that enveloped me during that time. I have always longed for that feeling again. His spirit is close .. We are thinking and praying for you:)
    TracyGray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, im so sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing that with me. it is so true, it is the best kind of feeling there is, and it just makes every thing that really isnt't "okay"...okay!:) thank you for your thoughts and prayers:) we are so grateful

      Delete
  3. Autumn You and your family is such an inspiration to all of us I'm enjoying following your blogs and keeping people updated our prayers are with you we love you

    ReplyDelete