Thursday, November 6, 2014

Woot Woot Region 9

Yesterday we were visited by the Hurricane football team, and they presented us with a helmet and sweatshirt signed by all the players. They were so sweet and kind, as they told us they were praying for and pulling for Britton. thank you boys, it means the world to our family.

I mean how cool is that the teams we wanna beat on the field, can all come together off the field when something like this happens. Truly amazing. We have received SO MUCH love from Dixie, Pineview, Cedar and Desert Hills nonstop over the past 5 days. Rivals on the field, and brothers off. W

We also were visited by our own! The SCHS baseball team. It was so awesome. if there is one thing i know, it is that my brother LOVES baseball. and LOVES those boys. So it was oh so special.

We love you Region 9.






3 comments:

  1. This Blog of yours is the best, just like the community we live in. People come together when it matters most. Love you Britt! Keep on keepin on!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Autumn,
    I just wanted to comment on your Region 9 shout out. When I moved back from college and started teaching (at PV) I was already called a traitor even though everyone was “joking” and laughed about it I still kind of felt like one. I didn’t want to coach, I was a Snow Canyon kid, I didn’t want to make it worse. (Totally over it by time I was at DH and coaching against you though--just to keep the record straight-HAHA). I remember talking to Brad Bench --I’m out of the loop but I think he’s actually the principal at SCMS now-- if so they are lucky to have him, he’s awesome!--anyway he was my mentor teacher and we were talking about how “hostile” Region 9 was. But he just smiled and said “Yeah but its a good hostile! It’s what makes it fun, everyone just wants to win, there’s no malintent.” His perspective was really good for me, I did end up coaching at PV for 1 year and DH for 4 and I had a great time and worked with some great kids. (Including Makenzie Lewis-love that kid, and have followed her situation closely) While “hostile”, might not seem like a “positive” word, in region 9 the crazy thing is, it is! Your post was great. Go Region 9! Prayers for your brother and your family!
    All the best!
    Lyndi Ison
    PS
    That “H” on that Hurricane helmet stands for “Heal” right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyndi! haha you are so great! making me laugh! It's true though, we have a great community and a great region when it comes to sports and competition:) no matter the school! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, it means the world to our family!:)

      Delete